Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spaceballs (1987)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Spaceballs (1987)

Spaceballs: The Tagline. | guide

Old Jan 19, 2009, 03:54 AM   #1
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005
Why can't they make good spoofs like this anymore?

I mean we had this with other fine Mel Brooks productions, "UHF", and other good stuff like that instead of this "Epic Movie", "Date Movie", "Meet The Spartans" and "Disaster Movie" drivel.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:44 PM   #2
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Why can't they make good spoofs like this anymore?

Yeah, it's sad. Although, Superhero Movie was a quite good attempt to make something like older movie parodies. I guess people are too different nowadays to crack jokes in the old way and the creators of older parodies... Well, Mel Brooks and friends are no more that young...
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 05:53 PM   #3
DarthJohn
Wing Commander

Well Superhero Movie was decent mainly cause it had a REAL parody maker like Jerry Zucker involved. If only that movie had a better title to avoid confusion with the Friedberg crap-a-thons.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 01:47 AM   #4
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Spaceballs was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid, still my favourite parody movie of all time, (closely followed by Airplane!) but the genius just isn't around anymore. I saw the trailer for the superhero movie, and that was as much as I wanted to see, looked like utter ****e. I could've not washed for a week, done some heavy exercise, then wiped a blank piece of paper between my arsecheeks and then squeezed the juice out of a semi-conscious woodlouse and it would be a better movie than that film.

Either that or I'd just have to be really really really really stoned to watch Superhero movie.

Another downfall of modern-day parody movies are the actors, they just don't get talent anymore. If you look at those 80's movies and 70's as well I suppose, you've got Rick Moranis, Bill Pullman, JOHN CANDY!, Joan Rivers, Leslie Nielson etc etc etc, now we've got who? The Wayans Brothers? Like I said.... utter ****e
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:22 AM   #5
DarthJohn
Wing Commander

Oh come on, The Waynes Brothers made a cult classic spoof called "I'm gonna Get You Sucka" which was awesome.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 09:41 AM   #6
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Because as a people, Americans generally don't get satire.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:57 AM   #7
DarthJohn
Wing Commander

Well i'm an American and proud one, it's just the bone-headed teens who pay to see these crap parody movies are the ones who see them.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 01:33 AM   #8
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Pride cometh before the fall. So save it for the summer.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 05:54 PM   #9
DarthJohn
Wing Commander

Thank god Disaster Movie FLOPPED big time everywhere.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spaceballs (1987)