Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Matrix, The (1999) > Matrix Reloaded, The (2003)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Matrix Reloaded, The (2003)

Free your mind.

Old May 19, 2003, 12:38 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Question Is the real worlld real?

Here's a theory that could answer many questions about Reloaded, such as Neo's new power at the end of the movie, or the possibility for agent Smith to crack into the real world:

The real world is not real but another side of the matrix. That is to say that nobody has been awake yet. The real world is just another control system.

Please let me know what you think.

Badpawn
Old May 19, 2003, 02:13 PM   #2
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Is the real worlld real?

I dont think it is. I can't really explain it but I just don't think it is. Revloultions will answer all these questions though.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2003, 07:58 PM   #3
Unregistered
n/a flights since

My bf thinks it's a matrix w/in a matrix w/in a matrix... blah blah... b/c when neo was able to stop bullets in the first one, it was after he 'died' and came back to life. he in turn was able to READ the codes and stop the bullets... I don't know if this is right, but that's what we think.
Old May 19, 2003, 08:24 PM   #4
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

Neo came back to life because the Oracle told Trinity that she would fall in love with the one. It just took death for Neo to relize what he cloud do.

Spoiler for Reloaded!

Heck he even brought Trinity back to life in reloaded.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2003, 09:01 PM   #5
Unregistered
n/a flights since
I agree

I think you're right, that the "real world" is just another continuation of the Matrix. I doubt the machines would let people out of the program. I mean has anyone else notied how easily they seem to free people? Everyone is now calling me crazy, but I agree with you.
Old May 19, 2003, 11:03 PM   #6
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Well I actually have wondered that myself!

I think it is a distinct possibility that we should discuss further!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 10:07 AM   #7
darkstar
Pilot
41 flights since May 2003

Nearly certain it is another part of the Matrix. We now definately now that it's another control b/c...

(STOP reading if you haven't seen reloaded)

we know that "the one" is just another form of control. The only thing is that Neo "overrides" the system when he meets the architect. He is told that Trinity WILL die and that Zion will fall, but he saves Trinity.

This leads me to think that although the real world my be inside the matrix, Neo may be able to crash the whold system and destroy the machines.
darkstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 07:58 PM   #8
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Exclamation SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I had similar thoughts... I mean what would be the point of keeping a 'real world' zion around as a dustbin for the rejects? Just too risky. It would make more sense to segregate them on another server... it would also put teeth in the architects threats.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 06:26 AM   #9
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Hey Guys...

At first, i thought the exact same thing... Neo stops the machine quite similarly to how he stops the bullets in part 1.. and at 1st thawt that when the archatect talkd about the 0.1% error, he was refering to the people of zion in which the o,1% error would be contained...

but it doesnt seem right... do you honestly think the wachowski bros would make it that obvious? and although they hav rippd of bits n pieces of otha movies, i dount dat they wud rip of the exact ending from anutha ending... (if you've seen "the 13th floor", den u noe wat i mean)..

of course maybe it is true that zion is just anutha matrix or another sector within the matrix.. but if it is so, trust me wen i say that there will be more to it than just that... the evidence shows the above.. but i think there is sumthing deeper involved.. we.ll jus hav 2 wait till november huh?
Old May 25, 2003, 07:36 AM   #10
Hamse
Wing Commander
207 flights since Nov 2002

the real world is real because in the movie he says... the machines have to let the people live and so... i think that the machines destroyes zion when it gets to big so they can easydestroy it and start from beginning.... the real world have to be real or if not they all live in a lie!
Hamse is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 10:34 AM   #11
darkstar
Pilot
41 flights since May 2003

When I said i was nearly certain it was another part of the matrix, I meant that it has to be a way of control. The architect talks of how "the one" has to pick people out of the matrix to be "unplugged" and put in the real world to re-inhabit Zion.

But surely with this method, when the people have children, the kids are gonna ask about the holes in their parents arms and legs. This means that the parents would have to tell the children that they where taken out of the matrix. Therefore, there would be no free born Zion children and they would have to be told this. I don't get it, the third one will reveal all though (I hope!!!), untill then I guess we just have to believe.

xo
darkstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 10:44 AM   #12
PepsiMax181
Pilot
16 flights since May 2003

Zion is the last human city... most of the people who live in Zion have never been in a bio-power plant.
PepsiMax181 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 02:16 PM   #13
Unregistered
n/a flights since

No offence but do you even no wot we were talking about? In Reloaded, the architect tell Neo that he has to choose a certain amount of people from the matrix to reinhabit Zion, after it is destroyed..... again.
Please read up on this before you say something stupid again!!!
Old May 26, 2003, 08:06 PM   #14
Unregistered
n/a flights since
This will be the 6th time

This will be the 6th time we have destroyed Zion.

If what we think is the "real Neo" is "REAL" then there couldn't have been any predecessors (prior Neo's). When he is referring to neo's predecessors, he's referring to prior "real" neo's... and all those prior real neos are just creations of the matrix. It is definitely a Matrix within a matrix. His use of his "power" in the final moments of the movie demonstrates this. He has destroyed the building where the source is (for the highest layer of the matrix) and now nobody can enter the "matrix" as they previously knew it. Now, everyone is in the "real world" which is really just the matrix. He needs another one of those blue pills to wake up in his little battery tank again.
Old May 26, 2003, 11:29 PM   #15
juca
n/a flights since

This is all my crazy imagination, but that is how I understood Reloaded.

I think the real world, Zion, etc. are all real. But the at the end of the movie when Neo stops the Sentinels as he stops bullets in the Matrix he thinks and we think they are in the real world but they are not. I mean, they think they went back to the real world but the didn't. That means, in real life Nabuccanazzor was never destroyed and everybody is still alive, only they(and we) think everything is finnished. They got somehow trapped by something during their last matrix trip and went to wrong place.

Why does Neo just before stoping the Sentinels says something different to Trinity "There is something different here!" Why has he never felt that before in the real world? That is why I believe they were traped to a fake real world.

One can go even further. Remember when Agent Smith copies himself to that beared guy in the begining and hacks himself to the realworld holding an envelope that was brought from someone (probably The Oracle). Just after that, people knock on Neos door and give him a sort of disk and tell him that was a message from the Oracle. What if that disk is actually from Agent Smith which leads Neo to a wrong part of the Matrix and talks with a fake Oracle and a Architect that does not even exist? (all creation of Smith).

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Matrix, The (1999) > Matrix Reloaded, The (2003)