Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Mar 15, 2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Angel-A

Luc Besson is baaaaaaaaaack.

Plot
: down trodden gambler André is in debt. Lots of debt. His solution? Throwing himself of a Parisian bridge. The problem? A beautiful girl is about to beat him to it. Luckless André dives into save her and finds himself with a new...er remember Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves? A one of them (aka you save me life, therefore my life is yours - but coming from a 6ft blonde who could easily pass for a high end hooker, well...lets just say hijinks are bound to ensure).

It's actually not bad either. Dry subtle humour helps it tick along with plenty of Besson style. The plot is him down to a tee (i.e.: beautiful strange girl saves lost dissillusioned soul), nor are the physical characteristics of the female lead suprising (she's Mila, Bridget & Natalie all rolled into one). André is a treat though, a comic actor, he gives the film noir flavour a different slant.

My only major gripe is the colour scheme (black and white). It has the contrast up too high, the black vacuum and the white blown out leaving few and fuzzy grays in between - which, unfortuantely, makes it very hard for the eye to distinguish and track objects on the screen.

edit: It's here because hey title: Angel, other non-human being thing

Last edited by Seraph : Mar 18, 2007 at 12:48 PM.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy