Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:57 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Max Payne The Movie (2008)

Man, if Mark Wahlberg is playing Max Payne, I am SO watching that movie. That man is totally believeable as a brass knuckles street brawler.....with a baseball bat!

looks like there is less than rave reviews about this film, but hey, if Marky Mark signed up, Im in.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/11/...-is-max-payne/
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Max Payne The Movie (2008)

"Recently" I've found Mark's work to be rather good, but if he is going to play Max Payne, ****S BULL**** ****ING **** **** CUNT **** ASS PISS **** **** AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH whyyyyyyyyyy... ****ing idiots!

I love the games, they transmit such a simpe narrative with such a great feeling and mood, with Mark they it's just going to be another seen'em-action-actually-boring-flicks.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Up until recently I would've gone a bit hmph at Marky Mark playing Max Payne, but after seeing his two amazing roles in "The Departed" and "Four Brothers", I'm confident that he can pull this off without a problem.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:20 AM   #4
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Comic-con vid interview of Mark Wahlberg: http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...c-b5a375a51626

he TOTALLY talks about how he's sorry he missed being a nerd as he could have avoided jail and had an education to fall back on. Very interesting!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:10 AM   #5
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Hmmm, I don't think this will be huge. This is the first time I've heard someone mention Max Payne in years. I predict a moderate success, then everyone will move on. They should do a new Chandler or Hammett adaptation instead.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:53 AM   #6
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I think this movie will be waaay waaay off the games (The bat/crow/demon things in the trailer?) wheras the games are pretty much neo noir, this seems to be jumping into gothic horror for some reason(?), the only demons in the game are drug filled halucinations, the screams of a dying baby and max's wife.

from gritty cool bullet time neo noir to cheesy filled noir gothic horror?

Im already certain this will put off the majority, if not all the fans of the game (still patiently waiting for Max payne 3) realisim and dark humour, Drug fueled nutters, being swapped for demons...

Maybe that was the problem with the Hitman movie, complete and utter lack of demons and otherworldly entitys.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:42 AM   #7
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Can't remember the games that well. I might check out this movie. Whalberg's been in a couple of good movies recently.....so maybe.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy