Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:20 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Happy Town

Anyone catch the season premiere of this new horror series from ABC? Breezed thru it on hulu, and despite some of the initial criticisms, I have to say I found it intriguing. Nice that it has Sam Neill, Amy Ackers, the panamanian from Prison Break S3 and M.C. Gainey (Mr. Friendly from Lost) - now THAT dude can really do creepy very well (as was seen in the pilot).

Dont really want to give anything away if you may watch it, but suffice to say they really start the show off with a BANG.

Im placing this one right up there with Harper's Island on eye candy and aesthetic scene beauty status - and given that we dont have too much chiller/horror on tv, Im all :up: for another go 'round!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 02:13 AM   #2
mack
misanthrope
Re: Happy Town

Ok, wow. This show just took a turn for crazy stupid, and its only the 2nd episode. Im mean, is it me?? What kind of backwards, stupid, lame, idiotic m0r0n would be ok with discovering that his best friend since 3rd grade was a psycho stalker-murderer? AND THEN COVER IT UP? Oh, and WHILE HE WAS THE SHERIFF? This doesnt even make common sense. How are people who are supposed to be civil servants/upholders of the law/protectors of the innocent, be so cavalier with the lives of the people they are supposed to protect? I mean - I guess old dude who was gruesomely murdered by the Sheriff's buddy didnt deserve the protection of the law. That's like 2 steps up from a country lynching of people the majority of the populace "just dont like."

*snaps fingers with a snide smirk* Oh, you know what, I get it. When he woke up that morning and put his shoes on, he forgot to also don his moral compass. These things happen in small towns. Uh. huh.

Gosh yeah! We all feel you bub. *nods knowingly* That massive burden of daddy's responsibility is just so freaking heavy. And now youre just under so much pressure - youre just so broken up about this moral dilemma with your murde-, I mean buddy, that you need to sit this one out and contemplate whether you really want to do your FREAKING JOB AND ARREST MURDERERS!

I dunno. *shrugs* Maybe its just me, but the writing on this one was godawful. If they want to go that route, they should have wrote him as a darker character from jump.

Oh, Amy Ackers. What are you or even your character doing with such a dimwitted loser?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:11 PM   #3
mack
misanthrope

Ok, this is prolly just me being anal, but it shocked me that the title for this latest episode was named "Slight of Hand."

Does anyone else see that?

There is no such thing as "SLIGHT of hand" - its supposed to be "SLEIGHT of hand." The two words are mutually exclusive. Lest I badmouth them and be wrong, I immediately checked them both on merriam-webster, and by golly, I was right!

Wow. I cant believe that ABC execs let a typo of this magnitude escape notice.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:42 AM   #4
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

you might say, they were slightly wrong?
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:23 AM   #5
mack
misanthrope

yeah, tho in all fairness they were probably trying to make a pun, as one of the guys chopped his hand off, and a girl's hand showed up in the bread factory in the ep. Still, im not a fan, because the pun seems inexact.

show seems to be finally picking up though. i gotta admit that I like Harper's Island better.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy