Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Moonraker (1979)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Moonraker (1979)

Where all other Bonds end, this one begins... | guide

Old May 15, 2002, 02:33 PM   #31
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: This Is A 007 Movie Dangit!

The teaser for the new movie is not on the internet. I love the landscape of rolling snowdrifts (or sand dunes) that turns out to be a bunch of butts (female butts, of course!)! Other than that, pretty standard 007 fare. Man I love it though!
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 09:37 PM   #32
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002

i'm hoping that they try to keep a retro feel to it, not like the **** they have been doing! They need to tone it down a little bit with the gadgets. Hold on! Hear me out!
I think that the gizmos he gets should be a little more like they used to be. They should be little steel boxes with red lights on them, and one button that does whatever amazing thing bond needs it for. All this stuff is getting a bit carried away-
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2002, 10:01 AM   #33
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Yes indeed... as I said every 007 movie after Timothy Dalton sucks...or who ever played James Bond before Pierce did...

Those gadgets Pierce been using are just too fancy and have a bad lack of invetitivness or what ever it is... they aren't fun any more like they used to be...
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2002, 01:32 AM   #34
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Oscar
Yes indeed... as I said every 007 movie after Timothy Dalton sucks...or who ever played James Bond before Pierce did...
Oh, please don't mock Pierce. Who ever could have done better work than him at that time and situation? Dalton made Bond a bit too serious and Pierce brought back that some old feeling that was there when Connery did his Bond routines.

And about gadgets... Who would watch new Bond films nowadays without these brand new thingies?
"Come and see the new Bond film! After the Inflation... The British Secret Service has no money anymore! See how James drives with his good old Saab and gets in a really big trouble when he has to get over the criminals only with a piece of a bubble gum and paper clip!"
Hmmm... That would be... Fun. James "MacGyver" Bond...
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2002, 09:08 AM   #35
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

I wasn't exatly mocking Pierce... he is ok besides he doesn't exatly have anything to do with 007s going bad. I just couldn't think of any other distinctive "target" that would be regodnized as well... Argh this so hard to but in an english sentence...
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2002, 06:36 PM   #36
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002

I don't think the Bond legacy will ever die. It is eternal, and in some bizarre way, I will always love it.

As to Die Another Day, it looks good. I liked the part it showed with the ice-chase. That was too cool.
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 06:02 AM   #37
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

I haven't seen Die Another Day yet, but I have it on good authority it was a bit thick. And Goldeneye is the best bond I've ever seen...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:23 AM   #38
dr.yanto
n/a flights since
Dr.YANTO & kYLIE MINOGUE 007 SAAB

Dr.YANTO A STAR WITH Kylie Minogue with The 007 SAAB

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Moonraker (1979)