Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Andromeda Strain, The (1971)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Andromeda Strain, The (1971)

Rated G... But may be too intense for younger children. | guide

Old May 3, 2002, 08:31 PM   #16
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001
You can't improve on the original

This should not be remade. There are too many remakes. The original can not be improved upon. The best a remake could hope to do would be to equal the quality of the original. This is one of my favorite films. It should be saved and treasured, but not remade.
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2002, 04:50 PM   #17
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002
Re: This is my favourite film of all time

It's a fantastic story and the more we talk it over- the more it seems destined to be remade-- and that would be disappointing if they loused it up.
I hope they leave this one alone.
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2002, 09:59 PM   #18
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002

To bring this to a head, the movie should not be remade. As with 2001, a remake would ruin a legacy built on years and years of trial and error. So pretty please, with lots of cream and sugar, don't remake the movie.
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2002, 03:45 PM   #19
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Exclamation THE BOOK

HAVE ANY OF YOU EVEN READ THE NOVEL? it is a chrichton classic. it is worthy of awards and a 2002 remake. maybe you should read the novel and compare it to the movie....just a suggestion.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 04:14 AM   #20
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002

You are correct --(whoever you are). It's been such along time since it was made--we forget that it is a book and not a film script. Wellworth tracking it down and reading.
Thanks for the suggestion
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2003, 09:11 PM   #21
Nathan1902
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jul 2003
Cool Re: This is my favourite film of all time

This has always been one of my favorites, I was even influenced by it to work in a medical laboratory. (now retired) I remember when I first heard about Andromeda Strain, I was 17 and did volunteer work at a local museum/planaterium. One of my close friends came in one day wearing this odd red piece of metal around his neck. When I asked him, he replied that it was the original prop key used in the movie Andromeda Strain. If memory serves me correctly I think he said he just came back from visiting his uncle, who worked on the movie. I remember seeing scratches on the key. Well of course I had to go see the movie and fell in love with it. (this was '71, I think) Being young teenagers we thought having the key to "nulear self-destruct" was "cool". Lost track of my friend over the years but never lost my enthusiam for the movie.

PS. If someone disputes that this was the actual prop, you might be right, after all, it was just his word but he seemed to think it was!
Nathan1902 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:32 AM   #22
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001

I have read the book twice. It is a very good book. However, I enjoy the movie even more than the book. I personally think the movie is superior to the book. Both are very good.

There is NO need for a remake. Money hungry directors and producers have already made a poor remake of the classic film "The Planet of the Apes". Why should we want to see a remake of a film that is already a classic.
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Andromeda Strain, The (1971)