Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Jun 4, 2010, 02:51 PM   #526
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Lost- you are watching it right?

Wow --- that's pretty interesting. You believe the guy, HW?
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:40 AM   #527
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

It makes sense to me and meshes with what I suspected all along.

So yeah, I do.

And now, I'm ready to move on with my life.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:57 PM   #528
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

so what are you watching now HWS? I haven't committed myself to another show yet.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:09 PM   #529
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002

I know I said it in the what are you watching thread, but I can't lobby enough for Breaking Bad. If you haven't watched it, start from the start and you won't be disappointed.
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:18 PM   #530
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

You know I saw a few of them when AMC used to be on our super basic cable and I've been meaning to seek them out but just havnt... dont ask me why. probably the death of the movie rental store.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:41 AM   #531
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Right now, Fringe is the only show I really follow. I catch The Office on Hulu and Big Bang Theory on the assorted bootleg TV site. I enjoy the fact that I can miss an episode of Fringe and not feel compelled to see it before I can see the next episode. I've seen, roughly, 75% of this season but will enjoy the entire season on DVD when it's released later this year.

I will definitely be checking out the new JJ Abrams show this fall, Under Covers or something like that. Can't help but think with Battlestar Galactica, LOST, and Heroes all gone good SF television has run its course for a while.

Am I the only non hard core Trekker that thinks we need a new Trek TV series? Now that UPN is gone, I would love to see either a legit network series on one of the big four (ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX) OR a grittier, more adult Trek series on a cable outlet like Showtime or HBO.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:03 AM   #532
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

hmm I think the Hustler channel has something like that already.

It would be nice to see a new Trek series. Maybe something in the pre Kirk era. I dont think they could write something farther out than Voyager or another DS9 and get away with it. they did try that with Enterprise didn't they though? hmm ****... I dont know...
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:17 PM   #533
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

I've never watched a single episode of Lost, and all I did was make a joke about how it would be funny if they were all dead . Then I find out that I was sort of right. Funny thing is, my dad once jokingly said that BSG would probably end with the crew finding Earth and becoming our ancestors . Turns out he was sort of right about that, too. I am beginning to wonder if it's the quality of writers that has gone down, or if my dad and I have just been exposed to too many of these things already.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:38 PM   #534
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

my girlfriend and her mother used to make a game of predicting exactly what would happen in the terrible TV shows that her father would watch. They were generally right.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum