Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Whoever wins... We lose.

Old Feb 8, 2003, 12:57 PM   #1
Dwayne Hicks
Wing Commander
259 flights since May 2002
Question Yours AvP ideas

what you wanna see in avp?, i just hope thats it is like the game, dark creepy and a lot of weird sounds, an also the important fact, you dont really wanna see xenos and preds fighting in the whole movie dont you, write who you think that could do the role of a marine.
Dwayne Hicks is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 01:04 PM   #2
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: Yours AvP ideas

Swad kilosarch cpate amonde. Sillowat starsh clarge falkrad ise shod dwork kilpstash. Salefan fildrad mesowache kilpanze. elo falakapstie jursonic fegile. Vanese pifton.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 01:40 PM   #3
Dwayne Hicks
Wing Commander
259 flights since May 2002
Unhappy Re: Yours AvP ideas

what you said?
Dwayne Hicks is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 09:32 PM   #4
Gareth
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jan 2003

Same here, beginning with paragraph 5:

Clickety-Click

Just please don't let the setting be Earth.
Gareth is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 07:20 AM   #5
Clavius
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Feb 2003
Here Goes

Use the AvP2 game as a definite reference. Impliment the books more, use them as you would a creative consultant. Only the yautja species refer to themselves in this way, so don't spaz over an author who informed us about a species' general name for itself. I think it would be gratifying to see SUBTITLES when the yautja characters speak. They spoke in P2, so why not?! Basic story structure:

-Short prologue: Hint that the xenomorphs were genetically engineered for training purposes. This would have happened hundreds if not thousands of years ago. They were made too smart, bred for survival and decimated the yautja population on the planet.
-Beginning Music/Credits
-Start on said mysterious planet. Introduce Machiko Naguchi as the principle character. The base referred to in AvP: Prey is now stationed on said planet. People have started disappearing. The base has probably been there about a month.
-Investigation is started...more people disappear. It is apparent that something non-human is among them.
-Yautja should be introduced at this point. Show their ship from the outside, then the inside. Introduce Dachande. He is reviewing a file of some sort. Barks orders at helm officer...SUBTITLES please...and the ship is shown cloaking. Pan around, and we see said planet.
-Eventually, yautja and humans are thrown together. Make it quite clear that the yautja are there to exterminate the xenomorphs...but have no interest in the humans. Make the humans provoke the yautja into fighting them.
-At some point, one yautja is injured and the humans take it to the sick-bay. They kind of get it back on a healthy plane, but are suddenly attacked again. Dachande realizes, after more death is the result, what the humans have done for the wounded yautja and calls a cease-fire. Machiko has assumed command by now, and begins to reach an understanding with Dachande.
-Oh crap! The bugs swarm in just as both sides of warriors are becoming friendly with each other. Both species become trapped in a room while the bugs try to get in. Bring on the Universal Translator! In my opinion, yautja would have these, since they have been around hunting humans for God-knows how long. Dachande gives Machiko one of these and the origins of the xenomorphs is divulged...
-Flashback, i.e. Dachande was on the origin planet. Show the creation, the disaster, and the retreat. Fill in with some dramatics. Cut to a later image of the Renegade Ship discovered in Alien...explain how ship was unaware of events taking place on origin planet and was delivering a batch of eggs and a queen to a training planet. A facehugger gets loose, knocks up the pilot, and the resulting bug begins to decimate the crew...but not before the queen is blown out an airlock. This is why the bugs survived. Elaborate on how the origin planet was eventually purged of all xenomorphs.
-So, the yautja are attempting to exterminate their out-of-control training program that has been running amok for centuries. They are very close to succeeding, but they never quite do, the bugs always turn up somewhere else.
-Follow the rest of the events in AvP: Prey, including Dachande's death and Machiko's acceptance into the clan. This could be turned into a multiple movie franchise if done correctly and is one hell of a good idea. It would fill in a lot of holes that have bothered a lot of people for a long time.
Clavius is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 09:33 AM   #6
HopeOfTheFuture
Pilot
49 flights since Feb 2004

I want to see a facehugger hugging a predator.
HopeOfTheFuture is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:12 PM   #7
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Apparently these ideas have not taken into account the fact that Paul Anderson is doing none of them. As good as the first AvP stories were, the AvP movie is taking place on relatively close to now Earth.

And after this movie sucks ass, which I fear will happen, there will be no chance at a redemptive sequal.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 04:53 AM   #8
Stoppable
Pilot
30 flights since Oct 2003

I Want predalien and Praetorians kill Rykov when he drinks Vodka
Stoppable is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)