Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Stalker (1979)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 09:04 AM   #1
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002
Thumbs up Stalker

(It's mentioned earlier here.) The imdb article...

I viewed it after a long pause. Still it looked as fine work to me. What's fantastic, is the fact that it could be a story about three men who are only imagining the whole thing and playing somekind of silly game together. There's one thinker, one leader and one who doesn't actually care much about the thing but because the others want to play he's a little bit interested about it too.

It's nowadays available on dvd too, I want to recommend it to everyone who likes about good Sci-Fi.

ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 09:06 AM   #2
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
Re: Stalker

Being honest I must say, it (the ending) surprised me positively. One of my many thoughs was: did they move anywhere? Have they been just there all of the time? Can't we really reach things we want to reach?

Ahhh, I need to get that flick on dvd someday...
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:21 AM   #3
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison

Quote:
Originally posted by Autechre

i think the thing it was pointing at was: was Stalker's daughter telekinetic/act of god or was it only the train moving the glasses? - i think thats Tarkovsky playing around with the idea of faith and atheism.
Perhaps so. Did you notice that's almost only scene where the sound information is really important? I mean, if you're deaf, you couldn't think about that.

BTW, I saw "Mirror" last night. In my opinion it was somewhat more soft and gentle than "Stalker". At least it looked lovelier. A very moving flick. Not that it actually would have been sad, it was just so beautiful...
Old Jun 6, 2005, 02:34 PM   #4
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

I have this, but I haven't watched it just yet. There's a game coming out (S.T.A.L.K.E.R), partially spawn from this movie.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Stalker (1979)