Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Moon (2009)

So... I don't remember if there's a thread about this here, but has anyone seen Moon? As far as I am concerned son-of-Bowie (AKA Duncan Zowie Haywood Jones) made good. This really is one of the most fully realized and well written SF films that I have had the pleasure to experience. All that on a $5 million budget too. Look at it this way- given Avatar's budget, approximately 47 lovely little gems like this could technically be produced. Now, I haven't seen Avatar in it's entirety, (I have no desire to do so from what I have seen) but that sounds like a great bargain to me. In fact, I'd have no qualms about a 1:1 trade either.

Top notch writing, excellent performances all around, well-conceived and unobtrusively reused sets and on-the-dot art direction. What more can you ask for? How about a film that genuinely makes you laugh as well grit your teeth and glue you to the unfolding human drama? Not only that, but it is eminently believable in it's extrapolation.

Chalk up another on the list of things that I like, Jill.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Moon (2009)

Just got done watching it. God it was sad and happy at once. it kind of haunts me.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Exellent movie. Probably one of the best new scifi's I've seen in a long time.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Well i thought it had a predictable plot . Still acting of Sam Rockwell was superb. I thought Casting Kevin Spacey was a bad choice. His voice is too recognizable to be taken seriously as a computer AI voice.

Whenever i heard him speak i pictured him sitting in studio chair reading from script pages.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:08 PM   #5
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

I liked it but I'm sure everyone guessed what was happening. Good acting from Rockwell.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003

I think Kevin Spacey's voice worked really well.

Also, the reveal was maybe predictable, but/and Sam Rockwell's acting was good.
Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum