Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Buck Rogers (1939, 1979) [original and re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Buck Rogers (1939, 1979) [original and re-adaptation]

The original space man!

Old Dec 31, 2002, 10:40 AM   #1
kingfish
Pilot
44 flights since Sep 2002
Buck Rogers In The 25TH Century

I enjoyed the first season of this show that starred Gil Gerard and Erin Gray. Wilma was hot in that tight flight suit and the space battles were great. I am hoping they release the series on DVD soon.
kingfish is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 06:10 AM   #2
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003
Re: Buck Rogers In The 25TH Century

I liked the movie alot and the first season was good. The "search in space" season was a bomb for the most part... ugh!
Princess Ardala and Kane were allways interesting characters. Villains with some personality and consideration.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 01:03 PM   #3
yamota
Starfighter
110 flights since May 2005

If they ever make a list of the top ten most beautiful women who ever appeared on TV, Erin Gray would be right up there
yamota is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 07:50 AM   #4
mr_sledgeka
Starfighter
62 flights since Sep 2005
Cool Re: Buck Rogers In The 25TH Century

I really liked the first Season as it had alot going for it! I found the second season boring and abit dumb!
mr_sledgeka is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 01:36 PM   #5
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

The first season was tolerable, the second somewhat tolerable and the third season, biddy biddy biddy, was utterly unwatchable.

But the effects, the space battles, come on, a blend of pasted in cutouts and plagarized special effects sequences ripped out of other movies? They were awful and actually got worse as the series progressed. I hear they've resurrected this turd floater on SciFi Channel. It was an attempt to cash in on the success of Battlestar Galactica.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 02:56 AM   #6
mr_sledgeka
Starfighter
62 flights since Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith
The first season was tolerable, the second somewhat tolerable and the third season, biddy biddy biddy, was utterly unwatchable.

But the effects, the space battles, come on, a blend of pasted in cutouts and plagarized special effects sequences ripped out of other movies? They were awful and actually got worse as the series progressed. I hear they've resurrected this turd floater on SciFi Channel. It was an attempt to cash in on the success of Battlestar Galactica.

I take it? You didn't like Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?
Are Sci-Fi channel making another Buck Rogers TV series?
mr_sledgeka is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:49 PM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

No (let us hope anyway), they rerun the old series in the middle of the day. I hated the show even when I was a kid and, even then, thought the effects were horrible.

I own the entire original series of Battlestar Galactica on DVD, came out same general time, and the effects are pretty darn good.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:31 PM   #8
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

But but but how could any kid not like biddy biddy biddy?

(It was more amusing than BG, but slightly more nauseating too)
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 07:18 AM   #9
kingfish
Pilot
44 flights since Sep 2002

Buck Rogers only had two seasons and was cancelled. I purchased the dvds and I liked the pilot which was the movie version shown in theaters. The opening had Buck surrounded by a number of beautiful women in sexy outfits like in the James Bond movies. My biggest criticism with the dvd set is the use of DVD-9s. Double sided disks stink and where they were manufactured in Mexico made it worse since the plant wasn't up to specifications.
kingfish is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Buck Rogers (1939, 1979) [original and re-adaptation]