Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

With great power comes great responsibility. | I guide

Old Jan 3, 2003, 02:25 AM   #46
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Re: What makes Spiderman so good?

Well I have mixed feelings on CGI, but still it definitely worked in bringing Spiderman and the Green Goblin to life.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:02 AM   #47
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

It looked terrible. I heard the same people who did the visual effects in this movie are supposed to do AVP also.

Last edited by Drone : Apr 23, 2004 at 06:23 PM.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:08 AM   #48
Forged
Apprentice
2 flights since Jan 2003
Spiderman: Friend or Foe???

I admit I didn't think much of Spiderman when it first came out. Some of the sequences weren't integrated very well, the Green Goblin costume was corny (mainly the mask), and some other issues left me kinda cold.

After seeing the movie again (and again and again, my house is the local hangout for the neighborhood kids) I've had to change my mind. Watching some of the scenes I keep getting flashbacks of panels in the comics. I think that Sam Raimi did an excellent (and maybe too subtle of a) job incorporating a lot of the comic book poses and styles that made Spiderman comics so great. The storyline is a lot closer to the original (comic) book than a lot of movies you see. While I still think the GG costume sucks, I do think that the Spider costume was better than I anticipated.

My opinion is give it a shot....
Forged is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:23 AM   #49
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

I watched it again last night and I can certainly see where the complaints come from. The wall crawling scenes look pretty fake. But then again, what does a human crawling up a wall look like? This film was the opposite of AOTC. The story and characters were so well developed I never even noticed the CGI issues. It begs the point, good acting and a great script can effectively cover up set and visual problems but great sets and stunning visuals can't do much for awful dialogue and poor acting.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 07:55 PM   #50
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Well I didn't think much for the dialogue in AOTC I thought that since with what the actors had to work witht they did fine.

But with Spiderman Sith is totally right, I can't really tell what is CGI and what is real. Like he said good dialogue and good acting really help everything.

But like some have said the Green Goblin mask was kinda phony.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 03:51 PM   #51
Unregistered
n/a flights since

this movie just sucked
Old Jan 4, 2005, 07:55 AM   #52
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by NeXus_6
WHAT THE HELL?

I can't believe what i'm reading! Next to Unbreakable, this movie is the best superhero flick great! What is wrong with you people? Give reasons godammit!

well for one thing, when spiderman was fighting the green goblin for the first time in the movie, the effects were kind of cartoony

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]