Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 12 Monkeys (1995)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

12 Monkeys (1995)

The future is history. | guide

Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:50 AM   #1
katesisco
Recruit Pilot
12 flights since Mar 2010
12 Monkeys--THE Ending

the lady in the next seat on the plane with Goines assistant; she is IDd as a future scientist. Well, I own the film, watch it often, keep learning new stuff. I thought that the guy doing luggage-check was the future scientist & the guy behind him also future, reason he holds up panties is to create delay so J can catch up & try to shoot him. I thought that that is when they obtain the desired 'pure' sample.

So J is expendable; he wants to stay & 'not allowed' to he's going to die in this attempt. Since his phone call enabled the future scientists to have 30 years, this can't be their only presence in the past. Particularly since they flagrantly request the sample be opened & hence breathed showing they do not fear the virus; they have already been here, obtained a sample & are now immune. They are just cleaning up loose ends. What do you think?

Its wraps up everything & what a great film!
katesisco is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001
Re: 12 Monkeys--THE Ending

I thought they were just trying to make it more of a downer ending where even though he goes through all this trouble they get stuck in this time loop where he goes back to stop it but cant. likes hes doomed to repeat his failure when his boy self grows up after seeing his adult self fail.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 12 Monkeys (1995)