Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > K-PAX (2001)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

K-PAX (2001)

Change the way you look at the world. | guide

Old Nov 3, 2001, 05:44 AM   #1
Mad Max
Apprentice
1 flights since Nov 2001
Thumbs up Re: Prot is an Angel

Prot is the guardian angel of the man(I forget his name-I think it was Porter) who lost his wife and daughter(murdered by the stranger). When the Psychiatrist hypnotized him he said that he came(to porter) when he was called(prayer) when he lost his father as a young boy. Then he came again when he(porter) was troubled about the decision to get married(prayer)and live like his father did. Then he came when he lost his child and wife and was going to kill himself. Prot took over his body(like a demon(a fallen angel) posses a broken human) . Prot kept him alive and brought him to Jeff Bridges to be cared for and made better. Prot left the mans body and returned to Kpax(I guess where the angels live).
It seemed to me like a City of Angels with hidden messages and clues to figure out that he was an angel. My guess anyway.
Mad Max is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2002, 08:22 PM   #2
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Prot is an Angel

preposterous. the idea that this movie could be based on angles was never even suggested in undertones. K-PAX is a planet, and prot is an assumed inhabitant of that planet. The fact that he came and helped some people doesn't make him an angel. Stop trying to make this an omega code for your weekly youth gospel. I guess you could have been saying the movie is from satan and that we are all going to hell for having seen it, which would have really been just, if not more, humorous.
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2002, 08:31 PM   #3
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: Prot is an Angel

I think that he was not an angel but Hermes. Why do you have to stick your peculier myths into the authors mind? This is neither an overtly nor a covertly relegious story. It is much more likely that the God that you pray to is just a mischevous K-Paxian who decided to mess with us by beaming us a bunch of giberish about killing homosexuals on sight and burining witches a few thousand years ago.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2002, 05:39 PM   #4
crayolacrayon
Apprentice
2 flights since Jul 2002
Why prot isn't a angel

In the book he said that most K-PAXIANS didn't believe in a god. Generally god is tied in with angels. They had thought about god's existance for a billion or so cycles. He then said something like we got tired of searching for unicorns.
I'm pretty sure the way prot refers to religon in the book that he doesn't believe in god. Religon isn't band on K-PAX since the one man asked if he could take his bible along if he was selected to goto K-PAX and prot said yes.
crayolacrayon is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > K-PAX (2001)