Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Men in Black (1997, 2002) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Men in Black (1997, 2002) [movie series]

Protecting the Earth from the scum of the Universe. | MiB guide

Old Mar 19, 2003, 07:51 AM   #1
Deadeye
Wing Commander
156 flights since Jan 2003
Lightbulb MIB 3

From DH.com.....

Men In BlacK 3: variety reports columbia has starting development on a third intergalactic comedy untilling a conect Will Smith came with. So did guys think it's a good idea making a third film? Seeing how terrible MIB 2 was, I think it's a bad thing to do.
Deadeye is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2003, 08:08 AM   #2
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Re: MIB 3

Er I really don't know because I loved the first one so much I still feel theres a possibility for a great sequel there but that doesn't mean they'll make one though. It was just the ending that made the 2nd so bad, that and the lack of "life" in it, ok so it should have been rewritten...
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2003, 03:23 PM   #3
UsagiAngie
Starfighter
111 flights since Mar 2003

Personally, I wouldn't want a third one either. The first was great...they shouldn't have even made a sequel to that one...the second was not bad, had a few good bad jokes in it, but a third would definately be over doing it...i think this is an issue that most sci-fi fans go through eventually...having the movie industry completely annihalate good movies with bad sequels.
UsagiAngie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 02:10 PM   #4
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Most emphatically NO!!! MIB2 was a lacklustre enough sequel, we don't need any more.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 03:51 PM   #5
Predalien
Cluster Admiral
203 flights since Jul 2002
Location: Leeds, England, The Earth (also lived in other places such as Bristol and Exeter)

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadeye
untilling a conect Will Smith came with
What does that mean?

Anyway - is there any news on Tommy Lee Jones returning again?
Predalien is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 05:57 PM   #6
Deadeye
Wing Commander
156 flights since Jan 2003
Re: Re: MIB 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Predalien

What does that mean?

Anyway - is there any news on Tommy Lee Jones returning again?
Am not sure what I was talking and I don't quite remember either. But I think I was trying say that Will Smith thought of the plan or something. I didn't heard any news about Tommy Lee Jones returning and I doubt he will cause a money issue. It was lucky that they got him in MIB 2 because Jones was wanting more money which would really suck if wasn't in it.. If they can't get Jones they shouldn't make MIB 3 I think.
Deadeye is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 09:13 AM   #7
Predalien
Cluster Admiral
Location: Leeds, England, The Earth (also lived in other places such as Bristol and Exeter)

They shouldn't make it regardless of whether Tommy Lee Jones returns or not. But ESPECIALLY not without him.
Old May 26, 2003, 04:09 PM   #8
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I can remember when Sonnenfeld (the director) said a sequel to MIB was impossible because they couldn't possibly afford to have Smith, Jones and the special Fx back again - the budget would be, if you'll pardon the term, intergalactic.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2003, 05:52 PM   #9
Predalien
Cluster Admiral

Hmmm...If only he had listened to his own words.

Obviously, he decided to make a lack-lustre movie as a way of getting around the budget needed for a 'better' movie.

What will MIIIB be about? Another alien disguised as a human coming to Earth and coincidentally going after Will Smith's girlfriend?
Old May 27, 2003, 04:52 PM   #10
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Frankly I don't think MIB3 is a bad idea.

These movies are like ID4, there not supposed to be Oscar sweeping movies. They are just supposed to make you laugh. And laugh I did with MIB3.

Lets do it!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

no mention anywhere of a MB3, certainly not with the main actors/director at least.

I have a sneaking suspision there will be a "3" though because like most SF franchises studios always love a triumpherate. Matrix, Mad Max, Star Wars etc etc

Director Barry Sonnenfield, said the chances of another MB with the original characters would be almost out of the question because of the huge fees Smith & Jones will command to reprise their roles again. And when you see some of fees for previous films by Smith you can understand Barry's concern:-

I Robot (2004) $28,000,000
Bad Boys II (2003) $20,000,000 + 20% of the gross
Men in Black II (2002) $20,000,000 + 10% Gross
Ali (2001) $20,000,000
The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000) $10,000,000
Wild Wild West (1999) $7,000,000
Enemy of the State (1998) $14,000,000
Men in Black (1997) $5,000,000
Independence Day (1996) $5,000,000
Bad Boys (1995) $2,000,000
Six Degrees of Separation (1993) $500,000
Made in America (1993) $100,000
Where the Day Takes You (1992) $50,000

Last edited by Sonny : Jun 26, 2006 at 04:49 PM.
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Men in Black (1997, 2002) [movie series]