Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

28 Days Later (2002)

The days are numbered.

Old Nov 14, 2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Trailer 28 Weeks Later

I have yet to see this, I've read people that say its better than the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLQmDBQawE

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Jan 24, 2010 at 06:30 PM.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004
Re: Trailer 28 Weeks Later

I thought it was better than the first. Just me own personal opinion.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 10:28 PM   #3
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Did not even approach the first.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 09:25 AM   #4
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

It's a good movie, no question there, but it is most definitelly NOT as good as the first one.

This sequel is a lot more "commercial" than the first flick, and it loses some of its charm because of it.

That said, it's still a worthy sequel.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 09:02 PM   #5
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

Treat them as two seperate movies, cos that's what they are.

They both have different styles and scenarios and cast.

Both good in their own right, although the first is grittier I think. Also the first has the 'you are alone' feel and realism to it, I reckon. Tis the grit that does it.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:15 PM   #6
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

I like the ending to 28 weeks more than the happy "everythings fine" ending of 28 days. Bleak and depressing. The way any zombie type movie should end.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:27 PM   #7
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

how was it. i rented it and never got around to watching it, then just figured it would suck, so took it back. is it worth renting again?
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 02:06 PM   #8
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

In a word, yes.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:58 PM   #9
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

good lord yes.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:40 PM   #10
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Ok, I guess I'm gonna rock the boat a little, but I thought the sequel was TE-RRI-BLE! I realise its a zombie film but it was so predictable it actually made me angry, if you've seen any film of the genre you can practically pull out entire scenes from any other film and watch them repeated badly in this one!

I had no sympathy or even interest in the characters so couldn't care less what happened to them. In fact I was desperate to see the two kids get eaten they were that irritating.

I felt there was no suspense whatsoever in what is intended to be essentially a horror movie, if they were trying to sell it more as a big budget action zombie movie then they failed, the action was wooden and dull and I'd seen it all before. Why Robert Carlyle chose to be in it I don't know, he went to get paid I guess.

Another thing, and I realise this is silly but they meet at Wembley stadium to escape in the chopper, bearing in mind this is the new Wembley stadium which was not completed at the time of the 'outbreak' of the rage virus. So..... what? The zombies built Wembley?

The first film had just what I wanted, some of the great Omega man style shots, London deserted, (speaking as a Londoner I found that quite breathtaking) a decent plot, some good characters you could relate to and every so often a crazy person covered in blood would pop up and try to eat them, what else could you want!?

The only good thing about the ending of the sequel is at least they got through the channel tunnel and ate the French.

Anyway, rant over, my opinon only, please don't onsider this an attack on your own opinions
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:01 PM   #11
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Camfan, you're alright, some of us agree (takes all sorts you know). If the zombies did Wembley might have been done quicker

Personally found it extremely contrived and mediocre in comparison to the first. As a stand alone it's an ok action flick, but still contrived.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)