Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Mar 29, 2001, 06:36 AM   #1
Yeyinde
Wing Commander
168 flights since Mar 2001
Thumbs up another thing...

Apart from the excellent cinamatography of Predator, the other aspect I thought was great was Alan Silvestri's score. That 'dum dum duh duh dum' music that accompanies the scenes is great!
Also, if you listen to the intense orchestral string part when the Predator is laughing (before the big BOOM!) it really intensifies the action. That's my opinion anyway...good one Al
Yeyinde is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2001, 10:48 AM   #2
Yeyinde
Wing Commander
Cool Al the Man

He's a damn fine film composer is Al Silvestri. I'm trying to think of other films he's wrote scores for?
Did he do the score for Pred2? (I don't think he did, did he?)
Old Mar 30, 2001, 12:37 PM   #3
Ramses
Administrator
209 flights since Jul 2000
Re: Alan Silvestri

Yes, Predator 2 was his too. Here's a quickie on his sci-fi musical creations: http://artists.sciflicks.com/alan_silvestri/

This unfortunately includes "Mac and Me". I can't really remember the music, but I wouldn't go and rent it again just to check it out. One screening was more than enough.
Ramses is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2001, 04:15 PM   #4
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Talking Alan Silvestris other scores...

Yeyinde I know Al Silvestri did music for Eraser, Forrest Gump and alot of other GREAT FILMS! For his COMPLETE line of Hollywood work go to www.imdb.com and go to the top left corner (around there) and click in the open space in search and type Alan Silvestri (not Al Silvestri) and slcik search. And it will come up with your results! Hes done music for a h**l of alot of good movies!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2001, 07:46 PM   #5
Yeyinde
Wing Commander

Cheers Ramses, Phlub. I know he did 'Death Becomes Her' aswell.
Old Apr 2, 2001, 08:01 PM   #6
zombie84
Wing Commander
376 flights since Mar 2001

and the Abyss. great score for that one too. same for Contact. recently i thinik he did Robert Zemeckis' two movies, What Lies beneath and Cast Away. i think he did Volcano as well.
zombie84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2001, 09:46 PM   #7
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
YOUR RIGHT!

Alan Silvestri did all of those movies your EXACTLY RIGHT zombie 84! Did you know he also did ERASER and FOREST GUMP (he got an Oscar for that!)? Pretty cool huh?
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 06:45 PM   #8
MasterYautja
Wing Commander
193 flights since Jul 2002

Al's my favorite composer along with Danny Elfman. I love the pred soundtrack so much I spent 3 months collecting the tracks of p1 from kazaa. The searches are totally random, because one search you may find the...um, lets say main theme, and on another you may not. But it's worth it. al is the man when it comes to action music.
MasterYautja is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 06:53 PM   #9
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002
yeah dude

Yeah ive been looking for all that crap on kazaa but cant find the ones from pred 2 which i totally love. do they have those?
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 08:16 PM   #10
MasterYautja
Wing Commander
193 flights since Jul 2002

the perfect search title is "Predator Soundtrack". It'll bring up both movies stuff. But make sure you use it in the "all" catagory. Or, you could use the actual name's of the tracks in the "title" search
MasterYautja is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2002, 06:27 AM   #11
Drone
Sector Marshall
props

Thanks a LOT man. I could not find this soundtrack anywhere.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 07:54 AM   #12
Sonny
n/a flights since
howdy billyster

YES! his music is absoulutly great and wonderful. It just goes so well with predator!
god, does anyone no the name of the musi that comes up in billys death?
now that is heart pounding music! Please if anything nos the name of it tell me. Im sure if i was ever in a forest being hunted by an extra terestrial alien from outa space and i new i was certainly gonna die, i would do excatly what billy did! Pull of my top and gun and rip of my little charm, and yank my huge powerful, cool looking knife and cut my self and take a final stand. Now if anyone can tell me a better way to die (other than when vasques dies in aliens) than tell me cause billys death is absalutly terrific! Speechless i am. And that music makes scene 17 even more thrilling than it already is
Old Aug 6, 2002, 04:03 PM   #13
Drone
Sector Marshall

It's called the tunnel chase in P2, but im not sure about p1. ill try and find out. I love the music at the end where the pred is just standing there over danny glover about to slash the dude.

Last edited by Drone : Apr 28, 2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 09:24 PM   #14
MasterYautja
n/a flights since

no prob drone, and remember, if you can only find 6 tracks or something, just keep searching "predator soundtrack". only in the all catagory. Sometimes,, uhh, Tunnel Chase will pop up and sometimes it wont. You just gotta keep trying. Its actually too random for me.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 11:40 PM   #15
Sonny
n/a flights since
ohhhh

tunnel chase hey? Cool ill get that from kazaa. Or its such good music for that scene when billy takes a stand.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]