Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Brainstorm (1983)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Brainstorm (1983)

The door to the mind is open! | guide

Old May 19, 2002, 03:21 PM   #1
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
there's no sciflicks guide...

so what's it about? i've never heard of it...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:50 PM   #2
lunadude
Starfighter
54 flights since Oct 2003
According to IMDB

Brilliant researchers Lillian Reynolds and Michael Brace have developed a system of recording and playing back actual experiences of people. Once the capability of tapping into "higher brain functions" is added in, and you can literally jump into someone else's head and play back recordings of what he or she was thinking, feeling, seeing, etc., at the time of the recording, the applications for the project quickly spiral out of control. While Michael Brace uses the system to become close again to Karen Brace, his estranged wife who also works on the project, others start abusing it for intense sexual experiences and other logical but morally questionable purposes. The government tries to kick Michael and Lillian off the project once the vast military potential of the technology is discovered. It soon becomes obvious that the government is interested in more than just missile guidance systems. The lab starts producing mind torture recordings and other psychosis inducing material. When one of the researchers dies and tapes the experience of death, Michael is convinced that he must playback this tape to honor the memory of the researcher and to become enlightened. When another researcher dies during playback the tape is locked away and Michael has to fight against his former colleagues and the government lackeys that now run his lab in order to play back and confront the "scariest thing any of us will ever face" - death itself.
lunadude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:51 PM   #3
lunadude
Starfighter
54 flights since Oct 2003
Listing at IMDB

FYI...

Brainstorm at Internet Movie Database
lunadude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:23 AM   #4
onestepshort
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jul 2005
Re: there's no sciflicks guide...

such a neat movie!!!!!
my dad has it on laserdisc and made me watch it, he likes old sci fi movies n neat things like that so ive been forced to watch em all my life.... soon as they stopped making laserdiscs they all went up for sale on ebay for SUPER CHEAP so now ive got a TON of old crazy movies on laserdisc that are soooooo awesome. if you havent seen this one and like crazy ideas for movies watch it!! its bloody awesome!
onestepshort is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:24 PM   #5
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006
Re: there's no sciflicks guide...

i liked this movie liked Christopher Walken and Natalie Wood
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Brainstorm (1983)