Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Blade Runner (1982)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Blade Runner (1982)

Man has made his match... Now it's his problem. | guide

Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:08 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
The Final Cut - Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_hYs1jBy8Y

No specific release date yet on this much anticipated much sought after final cut set (other than fall) - but here's the trailer. There are a couple of new scenes that look to be added, nothing on the special features or various versions of the film.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: The Final Cut - Trailer

They're making it look like an action film...typical.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

the soundtrack riding the trailer is pretty god-damn awful.

Hope the long wait is worth it and not just another makeover
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Great, yet another DVD I'll have to replace.....slaggers...
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 08:34 AM   #5
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

I think I'll wait until 2032 when the inevitable "50 year Special Shiny Edition DVD" will be forthcoming with a couple of new scenes and a slightly sneering Deckard!
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:38 AM   #6
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Click for clips!
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:53 AM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

<Ooooooh> </Oooooooh>

<Ahhhhhh> </Ahhhhhh>

Sith likes - and might I say it's about friggin time!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:02 PM   #8
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Some specifics from SciFiWire:
Quote:
Scott Talks Blade Refinements

Ridley Scott, director of the seminal 1982 SF movie Blade Runner, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming 25th-anniversary "final cut" DVD is a refinement of the current director's cut, with some reshoots to correct a couple of technical errors. Most notably, Scott shot new footage of Joanna Cassidy as the replicant Zhora, in her death scene as she's running through plate glass windows, to replace the existing footage in which the stunt woman is clearly visible. (Cassidy even used the original clear raincoat costume from the original film, which she had kept.)

Scott said he made the refinements, "I think, because the film is damaged." He added that he was perfectly content to leave the movie as it was, but fans and critics kept clamoring for Scott to fix the movie. "They kept coming back to me," he said. "They kept coming to me. I didn't go on the phone, whining [on] the phone, 'Oh, let me.' I get on with life and move on, but the thing kept surfacing and coming up and bumping me in the head."

The main changes to the original theatrical release were the removal of the voice-over and the happy ending, which consisted of aerial mountain shots that were outtakes from Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. But the new release will also correct the final scene, in which Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) releases a dove. In the old version of the movie, the dove flies upward into a blue sky against a metal wall; the correction fixes the scene to take place at night in the rain and removes the metal wall.

Scott also trimmed down scenes that ran long once the voice-over came out. "You suddenly have shots which are too long," he said. "So some slendering." But Deckard's (Harrison Ford) dream of a unicorn remains key. "The unicorn has been in out in out, and it was always essential to me, because it's essential for the audience to understand that Deckard is a replicant," Scott said. Blade Runner: The Final Cut comes out in several editions on Dec. 18

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Blade Runner (1982)