Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Jul 21, 2007, 07:59 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
The HUSH HUSH Movie Trailer Preview in Transformers

So, I had read about it before, but finally saw the trailer when I went to see the Transformers Movie.

Guys, it looked very VERY interesting. Does anyone have any news about this movie? All I got was that it will be produced by J.J.Abrams, which seriously sealed the deal for me - I will definitely need to see it!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: The HUSH HUSH Movie Trailer Preview in Transformers

I don't know, somebody said it looked to Blair Witchish. I remember it was given a working title or something along those lines.....
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:56 AM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

It's labeled 1-18-08 but I think that's the release date. It appears to be a new spin on an old take - a disaster/monster flick from a Blair Witch point of view. Not suprising to see recognizable landmarks getting creamed. I hear the Eiffel Tower survives this one - that will be a first!
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I heard it will be about Cthulhu.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:54 PM   #5
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

On the upside, the limited running time means Abrams has to actually have a a plan for the ending. Looking forward to this, love a bit of mysterious apocalypsing.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 01:08 AM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

The latest I've heard concerning this movie which has been called 'Cloverfield' is that it's a trailer for Voltron, which of course capitalizes itself being tacked onto the Transformers film.

It's also a possibility that a 'Blue Harvest' is being pulled. Blue Harvest being George Lucas' working name for Star Wars.

Other questions arise from one of the characters screaming, "I saw it, it was a lion, it was huge!" others say instead of 'a lion' someone says 'it's alive.'

The Apple link shows a beheaded Statue of Liberty, with three distinct claw gouges. The robot lions of Voltron all had three metal claws. Though if you look closer at the city, it looks like something barreled its way down that one street.

Or it could be a reference to the angel described in the Book of Revelations, Chapter 18, line 8 (1/18/08?), which is a woman on a lion's body destroying the great city of Babylon (NYC/US?) with fire/famine/etc. You know, your usual end-of-the-world stuff.

OR it could be about Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, a mythical turtle god who breathes fire. J.J. Abrams, in an interview with TV Guide during the first season of LOST, said that his favorite monster-movie monster is Gamera and that he always wanted to make a movie about it.

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Aug 11, 2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 04:48 AM   #7
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Voltron?

VOLTRON?!

Surely not? I mean, this looked like a kindof serious film, and Voltron is kindof hard to take seriously
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 08:05 AM   #8
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

I think I remember hearing that Cloverfield is the address of Abrams offices or something, so it's just a dummy title. Gabbo is coming!

I hope it's the Revelations thing. Bible monsters are brilliant.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 03:13 PM   #9
mack
misanthrope

It looked sort of Independence Day-ish, and everyone was very young. The trailer I saw focused a lot on the leaving of the guy they are having the party for (forgot his name) - so for some reason, I ended up thinking his leaving had something to do with it.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 03:54 PM   #10
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

I just read the Gamera wikipedia article and I have a feeling that's what this is.

Quote:
:
Origins
In the Shōwa era films, Gamera was a gigantic, prehistoric species of tortoise who fed on Slusho, reawakened by an accidental atomic blast in the Arctic during a dogfight between US and Russian fighters. The film mentioned that Gamera had appeared before, from pictographs depicting Gamera, and warning of his ability of flight. Gamera's original origins are largely unknown in the Showa era, as there is no indication that he was a mutation in his original film. Gamera was already capable of flight and breathed true flames, rather than radioactive energy when he was reawakened. And while it was known that he fed on flames (and even radioactive materials such as plutonium, much like his counterpart, Godzilla), no explanation for these powers was given. It was also left unexplained as to why he attacked most of humanity in general, yet spared the life of (and indeed actively saved) a young boy who became central to the original film's plot. This later led to him being referred to as the 'friend to all children in the world' in future films.

Then I read the Cloverfield article.

Quote:
:
Viral websites
Puzzle websites containing Lovecraftian elements were originally reported to be connected to the film. However, on July 9, 2007, producer J. J. Abrams stated that, while a number of websites were being developed to market the film, the only official site that had been found was 1-18-08.com. Kirk Montgomery of Colorado's 9NEWS reported an inside source's claim that the website Slusho.jp "has lots of clues", though this has not been officially confirmed as a marketing campaign website. The Washington Post also reported, "Records showed that the Slusho Web site was registered before the trailer aired, indicating that the site almost had to be official."

Comic-Con
At Comic-Con 2007, Abrams was expected to announce the official title of the movie at the Paramount panel. Abrams however did not reveal an official title for the film and also denied that it would be called Monstrous. He added that the marketing campaign would continue, in which a full trailer, clips, posters and the title would be released, and that the movie was still in production but filming was almost completed. Attendees of the Paramount panel were given T-shirts featuring the "Slusho!" logo.

Anyone else catch the connection?
Old Aug 11, 2007, 04:50 PM   #11
mack
misanthrope

so.....godzilla's brother come to america? (going to view the slusho site now)
Old Aug 11, 2007, 05:00 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

What the hell??!?! I just checked the Gamera site again! That chapter I pasted before has been altered. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!! Now I'm positive the Slusho thing is clue as to Cloverfield being about Gamera.

Quote:
In the Shōwa era films, Gamera was a gigantic, prehistoric species of tortoise, reawakened by an accidental atomic blast in the Arctic during a dogfight between US and Russian fighters. The film mentioned that Gamera had appeared before, from pictographs depicting Gamera, and warning of his ability of flight. Gamera's original origins are largely unknown in the Showa era, as there is no indication that he was a mutation in his original film. Gamera was already capable of flight and breathed true flames, rather than radioactive energy when he was reawakened. And while it was known that he fed on flames (and even radioactive materials such as plutonium, much like his counterpart, Godzilla), no explanation for these powers was given. It was also left unexplained as to why he attacked most of humanity in general, yet spared the life of (and indeed actively saved) a young boy who became central to the original film's plot. This later led to him being referred to as the 'friend to all children in the world' in future films.

Old Aug 16, 2007, 03:37 AM   #13
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

Sometimes I feel like JJ Abrams's purpose in life is to solely mess with people's heads. That aside, I'm actually quite looking forward to this, just because of the mysterious feel of the preview.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies