Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]

Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest imagination.

Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Amboy Road
Starfighter
149 flights since Nov 2004
Question What if the G1 TF cartoon had lasted a few more seasons?

Of course this would depend on the G1 toyline staying on store shelves & remaining profitable.

Aside from that, what do YOU think the G1 cartoon would've been like had it had a real 4th season, & let's say had been able to last 7 seasons?

7 seasons (84-91)would've made the TV show last as long as the comic book(also 84-91).

We would've seen Powermaster Optimus Prime, the Seacons/Piranhacon, & Pretender Starscream, among many others from the 88, 89, & 90 toy catalogues.

Its a shame the G1 TF cartoon went off the air.

I wonder why the cartoon never had any side/tangential mini-series separate from the main primary G1 cartoon, like the Marvel comic did? (IE:GI Joe/TF mini-series.)

Your thoughts>
Amboy Road is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Re: What if the G1 TF cartoon had lasted a few more seasons?

well it did continue in japan, apparently ultra magnus was a christian so yeaaaaah, Im pretty certain that primus doesn't take too kindly to changes of faith

overall, I think it had a good run and season 3 was at best illconcieved, galvatron was insane and lost the tatical ability he previously possessed, Rodimus suffered from an inferiority complex he developed as soon as the credits from the movie finished.

"Im nowhere near as awesome as Optimus prime, Im second rate, and so's my nemesis... if only I hadn't gotten you killed and then managed to grow a pair only to loose them as soon as the movie ended"

and then optimus prime who was so sick of rodimus whining all the damn time came back kicked rodimuses ass and took over again. and rodimus was never allowed to be a main character ever again.

Ok so I paraphrased that last bit. it's basically what happend, perhaps if the series had taken a differnt direction post movie, it would have been worth it, but as it stands it wasn't.
and then we got beast wars, which was pretty damn awesome.

and it went downhill from there. the latest series apart from having the best remix of the classic theme, is awful.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]