Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]

Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest imagination.

Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:51 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Transformers 2 (2009)

Release Date: June 26, 2009
Studio: DreamWorks Pictures (Paramount)
Director: Michael Bay
Screenwriter: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Ehren Kruger
Starring: Shia LaBeouf
Official Website: Transformersmovie.com | MySpace.com/Transformers
Plot Summary: Optimus Prime and the rest of the Autobots return for the live-action follow up to Michael Bay's 2007 blockbuster "Transformers."

here
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 01:07 AM   #2
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005
Re: Transformers 2 (2009)

Can't wait! i loved the MB version that came out last year and the teaser should come soon.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 07:07 AM   #3
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

while I can't say I loved MB's 'vision', it was good enough to warrant a sequal

Less humans, more machines, more megatron, and of course, more optimus prime, less shia Leboeuf (he's not human).

and under no circumstances, should prime ever say "my bad" ever again.
and by the end, LeBoeuf's character should die, it can be a heroic sacrifice or megatron using him as a baseball , I just don't want him darkening the halls of this franchise again.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

This is how the Prime vs Megatron battle should have looked If these CGI creations look this good with just a normal person doing the program, imagine how they would have looked by ILM. Michael Bay is an idiot, the old ones were too blocky, my exhaust port.

"Put that human down, Megatron."
"As you wish, he he heheh."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0OpElsulI
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:45 PM   #5
Amboy Road
Starfighter
149 flights since Nov 2004

Thanks for posting that link to that YouTube G1 TF video Optimus Prime.

Your right Prime, about how Mike Bay's TFs came out.

I've seen some of Bay's '07 TF film & all it did was make me yearn for the G1 cartoon which I now view on YouTube.

Shouldn't I call you,........

Orion Pax.
Amboy Road is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:49 AM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Here's another little video by the same guys from the previous one. The animated models aren't quite the same caliber as the Prime Vs Megatron fight, but the ending is a funny dig at one of the Bayformers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvGzhlh_Ug
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:19 AM   #7
DarthJohn
Wing Commander

These TFs are suppose to be realistic and not cartoonish at all! that was Michael Bay and Spielberg's idea instead of cartoony looking, they wanted to give our changing robots a more organic and more life-like look then their animated counterparts.

The upcoming "G.I. Joe" is going to do the same thing, make the Joes look realistic and not cartoon-like at all. Perhaps "He-Man" coming out in 2011 should be like that or the upcoming "Thundercats" movie in 2010.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Darth Bob
The Eld

Classic Prime would kick bay's Prime's shiney metal ass.

personally when I go to see a movie about giant transforming robots beating each other up, realisim is the last thing on my mind. you can say it's to apeal to a larger audience sorta thing, but that's a load of bs, most of the people who went to see that film were either children who watched the g1 show as children , forgot about and are now grown up and dragged there kids along, or there long time fans who followed the show religiously and now use classic transformers names as usernames .

Cartoonish? Im not sure what you mean here, be it looks or story, ok maybe the cartoon series was pretty much certified for all material, but the actual transformers in that were based on the existing toys of the era, as was G.I joe, so in looks, no not cartoonish at all.

Story possibly if your only thinking of the tv show, if you take the comics thats a big no.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:34 AM   #9
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Amen to that DB.

Not to mention the Bayformers look structurally weak compared to the originals. Could the Bayformer bodies be anymore open to every piece of artillery out there? No wonder Jazz and Bumblebee took the death/damage they did in the movie.

Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:48 AM   #10
DarthJohn
Wing Commander

Well personally realism is a good thing sometimes! Nolan did it right with Batman making him, his bat-mobile, Scarecrow, Gotham City and Joker all realistic.

Optimus Prime has been through different looks even with "BeastWars" as a Gorilla and now with a fresh new look. Even Megatron looks more scarier, besides Optimus Prime in his cartoon look in live-action would be ridiculous. So that's why the filmmakers decide to make him less cartoony.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:02 PM   #11
Darth Bob
The Eld

for the last time Generation one was not cartoony, it was based off the actual toys. so if anything it's more realistic.

Megatron scarier? seriously? suppose it takes all sorts, though im not convinced, seeing as he was beaten by a human (if you want to call LeBeouf human).

as for batman being realistic, thats not exactly a fair comparision, your placing man in batsuit against giant space robots that transform, batman naturally lends itself towards realisim, giant robots don't.

and prime in cartoon look would be ridiculous? seriously have you seen any of the videos that have been done with the actual original models

ok here's one.

http://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/de...elect&aid=3265

That is cooler than any fight in the movie.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:44 PM   #12
Amboy Road
Starfighter
149 flights since Nov 2004

Thanks for that Prowl VS Soundwave & his “Cassetticons” video Optimus Prime. It was really cool.

We seldom saw Frenzy & Buzzsaw on the G1 cartoon, It was good to see them both in that video though.

In the 1986 cartoon TF film, doesn't Soundwave eject Rumble AND Frenzy inside Astrotrain & then they both start using their piledrivers?

I think its the same scene where the constructicons form Devastator inside Astrotrain.

It was all part of some vie for leadership yes?
Amboy Road is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]