Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Whoever wins... We lose.

Old Aug 3, 2003, 05:24 PM   #1
Predalien
Cluster Admiral
203 flights since Jul 2002
Location: Leeds, England, The Earth (also lived in other places such as Bristol and Exeter)
Post Stan Winston not involved...

I enjoy posting news articles. Here's one:

http://www.moviehole.net/20037

Never heard of him, so I can't say I care - but feel free to get annoyed as I'm sure you will.

Last edited by Predalien : Apr 9, 2009 at 09:26 AM.
Predalien is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:37 PM   #2
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Post Re: Stan Winston not involved...

What bullsh*t!
Paul Anderson isn't worth sh*t, AND then they let a guy who probably doesn't know sh*t about proper Aliens and Predators do the creatures for the film.
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 11:48 PM   #3
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Stan Winston not involved...

I have a bad feeling he's going to use stop-motion animation using those Movie Maniac's figures from Mcfarlane as the creatures in this movie.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 01:56 PM   #4
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

Well, if you've ever seen the BET network (Black Entertainment Television), they have a TRL type video show on in the afternoons. One of the hosts is this guy with dreads. He wasn't there the other day, and the cohost said it was because he was auditioning for "Alien vs Predator". That's not a good sign.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2003, 09:50 PM   #5
Azrael
Wing Commander
442 flights since Jul 2003

Oh Well, maybe Eminem will act on it.....

The Token black guy?nah.....he will be šthe dude that got engulfed by hordes of aliens dudeš.

I seriously think that AvP will FAIL.
Azrael is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2003, 09:50 PM   #6
Slash
Starfighter
137 flights since Aug 2003

If you look at both the Aliens and Predator franchise...You can see that without a good foundation...The series usually comes crashing down....Without Cameron or Scott's vision, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection were dull and bland...Without Schwarzenegger or McTiernan...Predator 2 did not have the power...Although I felt it was a great sequel...Take a look at T3's T-800's compared to Stan Winston's T-800's in T2 and you can see what AvP is goin' to lose...
Slash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2003, 11:31 PM   #7
GTP
n/a flights since

The T-800's in T3 were CGI . The ones in T2 were actual real. I will nit compare both because in the scenes in T2 were real war scenes. The one in T3 was a dream.

AvP to me doesn't have a chance. I hope the movie comes out good but the main creaters of both franchises are not involved. I well say one thing there is know were to go but up. Who Knows maybe this movie meant work. This idea has been around awhile maybe the writers have a script that is just great.

What's up with the name slash. The only Slash I know is the guiter player from G'N'R and now he is with some other band. Slash will not survive without Axl.

XxX I agree. When ever there is a Black person in a movie that they don't belong in it will suck. I seen that guy before and you know what he may be auditioning for the Predator.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 11:36 PM   #8
Slash
Starfighter

Quote:
The T-800's in T3 were CGI . The ones in T2 were actual real. I will nit compare both because in the scenes in T2 were real war scenes. The one in T3 was a dream.

That is my point...In T3, The T-800's were CGI while in T-2...Stan actually created them...My point was without Stan...They seem less real...And the dream sequence in T3 has nothing to do with why the T-800's looked differently than they did in T2..Technology has come along way since '90....As for Slash...It's Axl who won't survive without Slash...Slash has had a great career after Gn'R while Axl is fat and balding...
Old Aug 24, 2003, 10:48 AM   #9
GTP
n/a flights since

We will see. You now GNR is planning to release there long awaited album by the end of the year. Watch out for Buckethead this guy has better guiter rips then Slash. Did you here the first song that slash did with his band, the one for the Hulk, if he plans to put out songs like that then I don't have hope for him. What happan to Snakepit. I love Slash he was in one of the beat bands of all time.

As for T3 the CGI didn't look that bad for the T-800's. The CGI for the HK's weregreat
Old Aug 24, 2003, 11:00 AM   #10
Slash
Starfighter

Definately...The HK's were awesome....I don't feel the same way for the fact Buckethead is rippin' of all of Slash's riffs...If they only played new Gn'R material...I wouldn't mind...But he ripped Slash off at the MTV Awards....And every other concert in which they play music from Appetite and Illusion....And Buckethead will most likely write material with Axl that mimics the old Gn'R...Which is rippin' Slash even more...I give credit to Slash though for bein' able to walk away from Gn'R....Had Axl done the same...The Gn'R name would not be tarnished...
Old Aug 24, 2003, 12:58 PM   #11
GTP
n/a flights since

Trust me I read some of the lyics from the new GNR and they are awesome. Once there new album comes out than they will be playing that stuff about 70 percent of the time. They plan to release one album every year. They are going to go on tour next summer. I would have hope for slash if he pick the guy from Skid Row instead of the druger Welland.
I hope both bands bring back rock n roll. I'm a teen and I can't stand this rock that's out, we need GNR or atleast and band like them.
Cameron is great. Go back and watch the war scenes of T1 and T2. He doesn't really show the Hk's that are in the air. To me he had a vision, he didn't like the way they looked so he basically hide them form view.
As for AvP this movie will be good or bad. Right now to me it will be bad. But there is hope for both of these serise. There is alot of talk about Alien 5 and Predator 3.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 01:06 PM   #12
Slash
n/a flights since

Yeah I heard that depending on the success of
Old Aug 24, 2003, 01:09 PM   #13
Slash
Starfighter

Yes I heard that depending on the succes of AvP that Predator III and Aliens V might be made....Although there was that interview in which Weaver dissed Predator and said she would never star in that movie (AvP)...Anderson's track record does not help my/our nervousness with how AvP will be handled....Time can only tell..
Old Aug 24, 2003, 01:31 PM   #14
GTP
n/a flights since

Who knows but Aliens 3 and 4 really killed that serise. Predator 3 was ok. I think AvP will do good but not great.

This is the worset movie I seen in years. The league bad bad bad if you seen it what do you think.

One more thing can you reply to some post about T3 and T4. There is nobody there. Right now were are the only 2 on this site
Old Aug 24, 2003, 02:15 PM   #15
Slash
Starfighter

I did not see LXG on the simple fact I heard it was horrible....Supposedly Connery was contacted to star in The Matrix and LOTR but turned it down...When he saw what a success they became...He decided not to let another oppertunity slip by and did LXG....Big mistake...The problem was he had every character from the novel/comic in the movie...It was overly clustered and just plain bad...

I will definately check out The Terminator Forum...

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)