Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Whoever wins... We lose.

Old Apr 9, 2004, 11:33 AM   #1
Twenty Falls
n/a flights since
Pg-13?

Quote:
Originally posted on azcentral.com
Quite a few future scary movies, from "Seed of Chucky" to "Blade: Trinity," will continue to be rated R, as their audience insists that much blood be spilled. But if the subject matter doesn't demand excessive gore, filmmakers are steering their choices toward the more lenient rating. August 13's "Alien vs. Predator" could be rated PG-13, even though the films upon which it is based were both rated R
A less violent film than its predecessors?
Old May 7, 2004, 06:33 PM   #2
Pyrophobic
Pilot
31 flights since May 2004
Re: Pg-13?

*frowns* If they wish to break with tradition... I just hope they don't destroy the atmosphere of the preceding films.

Although I read somewhere (and this is using the certification system you see in Britain) that with regards to the sort of films that are becoming increasingly mainstream, if films of the same nature as Alien were released now, they'd be 15 rather than 18 cert. Although when they re-released it recently in cinemas, it was still an 18. Hrm, strange - but it's still an interesting point. Didn't they do the same thing with T3, incidentally (though it's probably not a great example of this)?
Pyrophobic is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 10:24 AM   #3
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

yea t3 sucked big time if a films originally an 18 or r in the states it should remain that way not tone it down for the teletubby generation what next alien and predator mobiles and cuddly toys?
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 03:10 PM   #4
Pyrophobic
Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by merlin
what next alien and predator mobiles and cuddly toys?

Why do I get this bizarre image of a chest-bursting Alien glove puppet when you say that?

It is quite an odd thing to do - I mean, it's not as if they wouldn't get substantial takings to compete with the rest of the box office from AvP just being an 18/R rather than legally open to a wider audience. That's from a purely financial point of view, though. Films aren't made strictly for profit's sake - or at least visionary films aren't. Perhaps they just thought that the violent scenes in the Alien and Predator series were unnecessary for this particular script.
Old May 10, 2004, 06:37 AM   #5
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

There probably just doing it as a pg-13 so that they can sell toys and figures,
But why? I mean Aliens had action figures, and that was an 18,
and have these 13 year olds been waiting since 1993 for this film?

I think not.... because they'd have been about 2-3 at that time,
Fans and what they want are being sacrificed to make big bucks from merchendising...

Someone hand that chest burster a hat and cane, I think it's going to do a song and dance for us
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 07:50 AM   #6
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

i know what you guys are saying. I have been waiting a LONG time for this movie. they better not screw it up. But what you may not be thinking about is this: what is a rated r movie?
It has
a: excessive blood/gore
b: nudity
c: many many explatives
d: violence
Now think about it. A pg13 movie will have everything we will need for this movie. This movie doesnt need alot of cursing, or human kills. It could have a tremendous amount of alien gore and it could still be pg13. Trust me, if anyone doesnt want this movie to be pg13, its me. But i have nulled it over for a long time now, and i have got over my state of denial, and tried to find the positive side of this whole ordeal.........of course....they COULD screw it up.........
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 01:31 PM   #7
Pyrophobic
Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by ineedabox
b: nudity

Doesn't Alien have a lot to do with sexuality? *shakes head* That's picking at straws, of course. I mean, The Matrix and about a million other sci-fi films of its type have a lot of sex/birth imagery and they're not 18/R.

I'm figuring, though, that if they had anything like chest-bursters/blasting off heads/airlock-related capers, they'd have to divert the shot from it. That'd be fine in a 15/PG-13. ...Right?
Old May 12, 2004, 07:56 AM   #8
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

idk....but we dont really need nudity in alien. chestbursting will be ok if its coming out of a predator, but i doubt we will see a human get chestbursted....o well.
Old May 12, 2004, 03:40 PM   #9
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

Quote:
Someone hand that chest burster a hat and cane, I think it's going to do a song and dance for us

That was done in mel brooks film Spaceballs(where the pic of the rv with the wings at the top of the forum's from).
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 08:56 PM   #10
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

wow. i was wonderin what that thing was.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 04:06 AM   #11
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by merlin

That was done in mel brooks film Spaceballs(where the pic of the rv with the wings at the top of the forum's from).

....... I know that why do you think I said it?

some people could get hidden messages.........
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 09:45 PM   #12
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Eh, i just didnt know what the hell you were talking about.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 01:33 AM   #13
CelticClaw07
Apprentice
2 flights since Aug 2004

i know right, the whole. dance and ehh. what the hell are u talking about bob?
CelticClaw07 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)