Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Whoever wins... We lose.

Old Aug 14, 2004, 02:18 AM   #16
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: Today Baby!

I don't think the younger idea works, since the Predator in P 2 was, according to the screenplay and book, on his first hunt himself, and his face did look younger than the first Predator.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:35 PM   #17
Jaknife
Starfighter
59 flights since Jun 2004

maybe the aliens could grow faster because of the conditions there. i dont think so, personally, but it might have happened.

the first time i saw the preds mug, was like "whoa, thats different." especially the mouth.

the ship however, i thought looked AWESOME. i like it much better than the P2 ship. but thats just me, though.

the music wasnt very exciting either, as yall said. the movie did seem rushed overall, aswell. but, still a good movie.
Jaknife is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 11:46 PM   #18
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Well, according to the novelization, the Queen was attached to a machine, and not just chained to the walls with a conveyor belt under the ovipositor. She was pumped full of drugs and hormones to make her lay eggs faster and to cause the chestbusters to mature faster.

This machine also scanned each egg to make sure it passed muster and those that didn't were dumped into a furnace. This, of course, when the Queen watched her eggs being destroyed, really pissed her off
Old Aug 21, 2004, 07:24 PM   #19
YautjaKShai
Starfighter
98 flights since Oct 2001

What novelization did you read? There was nothing in the AvP book based on the new movie that said in print on those pages that the queen was drugged/hormonally controlled to help lay eggs faster or help the chestbursters mature faster. Please show me the page number that that is written on... the book I have says no such thing. And, also, according to what is printed in black and white in my AvP novelization, the queen is chained to the walls, and she is chained *over* the conveyer belt. The alien drones bite into the queen and use her acidic blood to melt through the chains that bind her. This event happened exactly like that in both the book and the movie.

~K'Shai
YautjaKShai is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 07:40 PM   #20
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

The interview with the director (and I use that term loosely) here talks about that hormone thing.

The Predator ship looked like it was done as cheaply as it possibly could be. It doesn't fit the rest of their technology at all. The more I talk about this movie, the less I like it.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 11:55 AM   #21
YautjaKShai
Starfighter

The Queen wasn't attached to machines or pumped with hormones in PREY either!!! NOR was it WRITTEN anywhere in the book. The director saying such things upon interview after his movie basically bombed at the box office doesn't change what's in black and white on the pages of the AvP novelization. It's not in there. Paul Anderson said in the director's cut DVD he will be able to do the full 2 hour movie he originally wanted done, and it will go into a little more detail, so we may learn something about hormone therapy or whatever in that, but IT IS NOT IN THE NOVELIZATION.

~K'Shai
Old Aug 22, 2004, 02:13 PM   #22
celtic
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by Slash
Anderson You ****in' Retard! Stupid Son Of A *****!!!! I'm soooooo MAD!!!!

I'm utterly disgusted, how on Earth can anyone come out of that movie impressed. Anderson has killed both franchises single-handidly!

I can'....can't even begin to describe my displeasure with the film. The way he handled the Predators, Jesus!

I'm gon' leave now before I hurt myself!
i'm hell agree with that absolutely 100 percent,as i'm the serious fan for both of pred and alien.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 03:17 PM   #23
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Pages 129-130 in AvP it clearly states that the Queen was attached to a machine. Like this paragraph on 130...

Quote:
Visible through the mist was an immense machine with a grotesque, almost organic appearance. Hoses filled with frozen liquid, twisted wires and tubes that resembled chicken gizzards emerged from this machine and penetrated the creature's body in a hundred different places, like some savage medieval torture device. Many of the thickest tubes clustered around the creature's lower abdomen, where, directly below the tapered pelvis, bulged a segmented, near translucent tail merged completely with the machine in a bizarre, biotechnological symbiosis.

And I never said she was attached to a machine in the 'Prey' book.

So the fact that they're saying that the machine helped expedite maturation is inferenced and insinuated. It doesn't specifically say the tubes were filled with hormones or drugs, but what else would they be for?? Aliens don't need life support.

Or how about this paragraph on page 132??

Quote:
Inside of the biomechanical contrivance, energies were generated and pumps began to churn. Electrical and chemical impulses were transmitted through the myriad tubes and wires buried deep in the Alien Queen's body, to activate specific portions of the monster's anatomy.

What did you do, just scan parts of the book? Read it again. And don't call me a liar again. I am Prime for a reason.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 02:51 PM   #24
YautjaKShai
Starfighter

First of all kiddo, I didn't call you a liar, and don't you dare accuse me of such things.

Secondly, the queen was in a state of suspended animation by the Predators--- while reading that particular section of the novel (which, incidentally, I didn't just SCAN over), I inferred that the wires/tubes/pumps etc that sprung to life were all part of the cryogenic chamber resurrecting the alien to begin egg laying. I didn't infer anything from this that suggested that she was being pumped full of anything to begin producing eggs. She's the Queen, that's what she does - lay eggs... the machine merely took her out of her cryo sleep and re animated her.

~K'Shai
Old Aug 23, 2004, 03:38 PM   #25
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Kiddo? Hardly. Anyway, I don't think so about the machine waking the Queen up. I'm sure she was quite conscious even when she was a popsicle. Notice the machine didn't start pumping and churning until after she woke up and broke the ice, after her initial struggles against the chains binding her and when she resigned to sit quietly.

Come on, the Aliens are resistant to vacuum, I'm sure a ice tomb doesn't bother them much except to immobilize them. Makes you wonder how dead that Queen really is at the bottom of the ocean?
Old Aug 24, 2004, 09:48 AM   #26
YautjaKShai
Starfighter

**THAT** is one big thing about AVP-- beside's Scar's little friend popping out at the end and leaving an opening for a potential sequel... the Queen at the bottom of the ocean leaves a HUGE opening for a sequel --- come on, the aliens in 4 swim just fine -- how could the Queen die just because she's a couple miles down under freezing arctic water? They're resistent to so many things, it's more than possible she could gnaw her way through that chain, swim to land, and boom - AvP 2

~K'Shai
Old Aug 24, 2004, 02:16 PM   #27
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Depends on how deep she got dragged, I'm sure a deep plunge would not do her any good at the pressures it gets down there.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 02:23 PM   #28
Jaknife
Starfighter
59 flights since Jun 2004

plus she was movig way too fast. she wouldnt be able to manouvre herself into a position to chew or acid her way through the chain. plus shes got that spear through her head. if she survives and hits the bottom, she might be able to get through the chain, but the rush tothe surface wouldnt do her any good either.
Jaknife is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)