Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Aliens vs. Predator (2004)

Whoever wins... We lose.

View Poll Results: Which One?
Alien 14 29.17%
Predator 19 39.58%
Human 10 20.83%
Scary Teddy (Other/Don't Know) 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 8, 2004, 04:12 PM   #61
goku
Pilot
36 flights since Aug 2004
Thumbs up Re: The Deadliest Species

sorry forgot to log on
goku is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 06:11 PM   #62
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: The Deadliest Species

I personally don't think the chestbuster would have busted out like it did. Every other time we've seen them bust out, they'd break through the ribs, take a good look at things around the area and then scoot away, until it had time to molt. The way that burster went at the Predator was just asking to be killed.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2004, 02:38 PM   #63
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

Well, the director wasnt really an alien kinda guy. he didnt know what the hell he was doing.
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 04:37 PM   #64
Diz
Starfighter
143 flights since Oct 2004

Just like to point out that I STILL haven't seen the damn movie.
But the Aliens would kick pred ass everytime.
The pred is nothing without his tech. Look at it this way: a naked pred and a naked alien go into hand to hand combat. Imagine the results. (Ok, first stop giggling at the naked pred, and then imagine the results)
Diz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 06:22 PM   #65
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Eww, naked Pred.

We can't assume that a Alien and a Pred without tech couldn't have a decent fight. The only things that pose a problem for the Predator to get around is the tail and the extendable jaws. The Predator's strength is considerable, and given the opportunity I'm sure the Pred would be able to incapacitate the Alien by breaking limbs, assuming that the Aliens limbs can be broken, which considering the similarities between the Alien and insects is quite probable. The problem is breaking the aforementioned limbs and other extremities without causing a break to release large amounts of acid.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 06:33 PM   #66
Diz
Starfighter

Wasn't implying that they wouldn't have a decent fight, but, I still think the Aliens would be the deadliest. Simply because that is what it is. There is nothing else to it. In its simplest most natural state it is simply deadly. As for strength, it is inscet like yes, but how strong is an ant for its body mass? But i have seen no evidence to believe that the Aliens exoskeleton would be fragile, like a spiders is for example.
And even in a near dead state the alien is enherantly deadly, in that its blood is acid. the pred has that auto destruct thing, but that again is tech and not the pred itself.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:36 PM   #67
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

O lord, there is just no question about it. If an unarmed alien and an unarmed pred went at it, the alien would win without a doubt.

The only reason that the predators are dangerous is because of their complicated technology. Think about it. I bet a bear is just as strong as a predator, but we as humans seem to have no trouble at all killing them, and they are nowhere near close to overrunning this planet, and if we wanted to, we could easily exterminate every bear on the planet.
If predators kept their strenght, and just went by primal instict such as aliens do, we'd still win with technology. But I bet we'd have a biiig problem if aliens were trying to overrun the planet.

Aliens are just MADE TO KILL. That's all there is to it. They are the absolute best at what they do. (including or excluding organisms with advanced technology.)
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:42 PM   #68
Diz
Starfighter

<Applauds loudly>

Exactly.

Though I'm in no way advocating the extermination of bears...
Old Oct 27, 2004, 02:52 PM   #69
goku
Pilot

sorry to disagree guys...but in the books and comics in order to get their "toys" (plasme chaster, cloaking device and smart disk)
a young yujtra would have to kill one alien with just a spear and wrist blades...thats pretty darn close to being unarmed.

And you have to give the predators SOME credit, i mean they are VERY DEADLY as well and skilled on the art of combat with almost any hand held blade weapon.

Last edited by goku : Oct 29, 2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 02:49 PM   #70
X Caster
Pilot
27 flights since Nov 2004

no buddy, and unbreakable ultra sharp spear and 2 razorsharp wristblades is not darn close to being unarmed.

People can kill grizzley bears with spears. I doubt very much that someone could kill one with bear hands. In fact, I'd be willing to bet money on that one.
X Caster is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:16 PM   #71
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

Aren't we still forgetting the fact that if you slice and dice an alien, it bleeds acid? And as far as is know, Yautja armor is not acid proof.
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 08:41 PM   #72
X Caster
Pilot
27 flights since Nov 2004

Exactly, and so the predator would surely have to find some way to disable the alien without being burned to death, and he would undoubtably be impaled in the process, and dragged back to some cavernous lair to be immobilized and impregnated, only to strengthen the army of the beast he had just been fighting. Fun fun fun.
X Caster is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 07:00 PM   #73
goku
Pilot

Come on guys... aliens are great killers... but their acid blood is not that strong. if it was as strong as you guys so "kindly" stated then a pred would never have the time to take off his armor before being disembowed. In AVP "Prey" the acid blood had trouble melting through "rhynth skin."

for those of you who dont know a rhynth is a alien creatue much like a rino...just 3times bigger.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 07:11 PM   #74
Diz
Starfighter

Acid that is strong enough to put a huge hole in a ship?

How many decks did it eat through in Alien? And that was just a small spurt.

And I really think only film sources should count, being the only 'official' sources as it were. Otherwise we might have to start including all those ill advised alien crosses (such as the 'bull alien' that was made into a toy a few years back) and then where would we be?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 07:42 PM   #75
Unregistered
n/a flights since

too bad box isnt around to hear this nonsense...

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Aliens vs. Predator (2004)