Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Apr 2, 2001, 11:10 AM   #1
!Night Blade!
The One.
185 flights since Aug 2000
Re: Tips to stop SPAMing

Well here are some tips to keep down SPAM

If you know any just add them ( nothing like get rid of somebody)

1. Don't Double Post use the Edit Button
2. Don't Type the answer if it's already been given
3. If the question has been answered the topic "might" get closed

Add anyothers you can think of
!Night Blade! is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2001, 11:34 AM   #2
WhiteRabbit
Wing Commander
335 flights since Jan 2001
Lightbulb Re: Tips to stop SPAMing

Here's one:
Try to make your post contribute something to the discussion. It's a bit annoying when you see a new post in a forum and you find out it's a reply like "You're right" or "I agree" to a post from last year. Add your opinion by all means, but don't clog the thread with pointless posts.

P.S. I think Ramses' threat of spankings will cut down SPAM in the future
WhiteRabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2001, 12:36 PM   #3
Hell Spawn
Wing Commander
277 flights since Mar 2001

I dont believe that was the specific spamming issue. I mean, it would be a lilll dumb if somebody got on there and just made a post saying "yes" but that wasnt the crisis that was occuring. What was happening was the posts were being used for personal disscussions about nothing, more like using it for a chat post. The site doesnt really have a problem with people replying to scifi info. I think the spamming issue has pretty much gone though. I still believe something that would help the sight is if people had the right to delete their own posts. And cabalacomb (sorry for misplell) had a really good idea. If the post is not active for a certain length of timei t would automatilcally delete itself. The forums would dratically decrease in size then. But it's like, when i have a question, and i ask it, and it's answered, and im happy, the post is just going to continue sitting there taking up space. whatever just some ideas.
Hell Spawn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2001, 12:58 AM   #4
WhiteRabbit
Wing Commander
335 flights since Jan 2001

True, what I said didn't contribute to the SPAMming, but it was something that some people were doing in the Predator forum... *cough* Phlub *cough*
It still clogs up threads, and was only being done to clock up number of posts.
WhiteRabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2001, 02:37 PM   #5
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001
hehe

YES I AGREE!..........................lol, nah i do have something to say. But first hehe, like the cough but dont do that. He has already apologize and everything hehe. Ok Night Blade, wat if u need to type a minimum of like 10 - 20 words or something for each post. Cant u guys kinda do that so ppl cant just say YES I AGREE! lol. hmmm, hey Hell Spawn i think we can delete our own post. I gotta check that.

u can, clik on edit and there should b a box that says delete.
OVER HERE - -> u can delete when ur the newest post, but u cant if ur in the middle somewhere.

Last edited by Xeno : Apr 4, 2001 at 01:11 PM.
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2001, 01:33 AM   #6
Hell Spawn
Wing Commander
277 flights since Mar 2001

Thats only an administrative/moderator option, that means we weekling dont have the power to delete our own posts....
Hell Spawn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2001, 05:31 PM   #7
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Thumbs up I think....................

I think that if you keep the posts related to sci-fi movies or the one the thread is about prefrably and keeps interest in the Pilots it can stay. Example: Yhe hot one in the PREDATOR forum is PREDATOR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2001, 08:26 AM   #8
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001
heres another tip

when theres a one on one conversation between two ppl they could edit their previous posts. so the two would only use 2 (or 3 if they dont think thhey just chatting to one person) posts. like (sorry) when Yeyinde and Phlub chat to each other they can use their post just before (by editing them) and when a third person joins they just do another post...they dont need to delete the original post, they could just put a section underneath (like mine OVER HERE--> and write in there) of course i dont expect them to keep doing this but they could do it instead of posting 3 posts each.
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2001, 07:08 PM   #9
Bayleaf48
Hero Of Time
1,316 flights since Jun 2001
Smile Re: Tips to stop SPAMing

Good point there & I've often noticed what you've just mentioned about & will not do that unless it's really, really necessary too!

How about this for a tip that I've followed?: Learn from other people's mistake(s), so you don't make them yourself & listen to pilots who know what they are on about because they know the difference between right & wrong.

Bayleaf48 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2002, 11:03 AM   #10
Cucumber Posse
Wing Commander
408 flights since Feb 2002

4. Don't copy Cucumber Posse
Cucumber Posse is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2002, 08:27 AM   #11
Bayleaf48
Hero Of Time
1,316 flights since Jun 2001
Smile Re: Tips to stop SPAMing

I personally think that the best way to ry & not spam is to think before you type ( a play on think before you speak!) & hopefully through that spamming shouldn't happen.

Bayleaf48 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2002, 11:09 AM   #12
Cucumber Posse
Wing Commander

My Head is on fire!
Old Apr 24, 2002, 11:11 AM   #13
Cucumber Posse
Wing Commander

Sorry...I forgot...
Old Apr 24, 2002, 11:33 AM   #14
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Cucumber Posse I want to kill you.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2002, 01:11 PM   #15
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Shouldn't this be in the pilot's mess? By placing it here, isn't this...oh I don't know...SPAMMING!

Tip to avoid spamming #356: Post all stuff not directly related to sci-fi in the Pilot's Mess.

Hey, calm down, I'm just kidding...
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]