Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Thing (from Another World), The (1951, 1982) [original and remake]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Thing (from Another World), The (1951, 1982) [original and remake]

Man is the warmest place to hide. | original guideremake guide

Old Oct 2, 2002, 10:11 PM   #1
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002
The Thing PS2

I just got this today and I saw child's body and that kind of made me go hmmm. Since, in the movie MacCreedy and Childs were together. I think that Mac is still around somewhere in the game because everynow and then you here a laugh that sounds like him. I'm stuck on one part, I can't get into the area where the ice block is. I don't trust that one dude you find huddled in the corner, I had to give him my good gun to make him trust me somewhat.
darkjedi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2002, 03:11 AM   #2
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
Re: The Thing PS2

GAME SPOILER!!!!

I've finished the game.

McGrady is alive and he actualy helps you kill the Thing Beast at the end . But that is the only moment when he shows up in the game driving a chopper. You leave the infested area with him at the end but weather he is the thing still remains opened.

Any how what game suggests is that the Novegian base is still infested with "things". And that in the bottom of their weather controll station lies an underground research facility where they tried to study and contain the Thing infection. The Thing specimens were also suplied to an American Military base on Antartica south of the Norwegian base where experiment also got out of hand.

But the question remains: how did McGrady survive for 3 months in extreme conditions on the pole?

Last edited by Ivan : Oct 9, 2002 at 05:59 AM.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2002, 09:04 PM   #3
darkjedi
Sector Marshall

Ok, I finally got past that part. Then i was stupid and got all my team members killed and now I'm at the Norwegian base trying to catch one of them to help me.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 09:53 PM   #4
darkjedi
Sector Marshall

Well, I restarted the game and found some stuff that I missed the first time around. Right now I just administered the blood test and killed those two loser guys that transformed.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Thing (from Another World), The (1951, 1982) [original and remake]