Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Moonraker (1979)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Moonraker (1979)

Where all other Bonds end, this one begins... | guide

Old Nov 23, 2002, 05:33 PM   #1
NinjaMonkey
Wing Commander
233 flights since Aug 2002
Plot ideas for Bond movies

Since the Cold War is over, and the Bond movies will probably never be set back in it, or in an alternate world where it is still going, what are some good plot ideas?

So far they have used the anti-Ted Turner, ex-Soviet Union folks after money, an oil baroness, and now a North Korean. The last actually was the first decent use of the post-Cold War era villain, though the story is sort of rooted in the Cold War. lol. The others have been based more on trendy technology or PC villains.

Here are some of my ideas that aren't steeped in technology/media:

-This one may not be ridiculous enough, and I wonder if the PC crowd calling the shots would even dare touch this one: a middle-eastern terrorist, perhaps with connections far outside of the middle-east so Bond could travel to at least 2 or 3 exotic locations, that is planning to detonate a nuclear bomb in a major metropolitan western city. Bond could visit the country sponsoring the bombing, infiltrate the lab for a good confrontation/shoot em up scene. Then he could be off to the country to find the terrorist, barely missing him. Then, in the climatic finale, he could fight the entire terrorist group, alongside some babe, ending with his stopping the bomb/killing the head honcho at the last minute. This would be a nice change from the control room type setting of 3 of the 4 Brosnan movies.

-A wartorn country's (Eastern European, Latin American, or fictional) government topples over, and an extremist group is vying for control. One of the warring parties that would align itself with Britain,etc requests assistance, and Bond is ordered to take the extremist leader out.

-I've forgotten some of my other ideas, but how about a movie based on the non-Fleming Bond novels. I havent' read any of them, so I don't know if they're any good. However, there hasn't been a very good Bond movie since "The Living Daylights", which was the last one to be based on a Fleming novel.
NinjaMonkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 04:13 PM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Plot ideas for Bond movies

Here's one:

Evil genius steals and/or creates a weapon of mass destruction
Said genius then blackmails England for One Billion Dollars upon threat of detonating said device.
Our hero picks up on the evil geniuses trail, shags a half dozen hotties, is captured by the evil genius and, instead of being shot on site, attached to some kind of contraption that will kill our hero eventually when no other bad guys are around to see or confirm it but escapes, chases down bad guy, has dramatic showdown and stops weapon from detonating with 3-4 seconds left.

Oh, and then he chooses to shag the Bond girl rather than let the Royal Navy find him.

Cool huh?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 11:55 PM   #3
Unregistered
n/a flights since
New BOnd PLot Idea!

I think I have a really good Bond plot! Check it out:

A cabal of far-rightists-made up of corporate criminals, dangerous/imbecilic zealot bible-thumpers, zionists who serve Israel first and foremost and desire arab blood and war-loving, cold-war relics who need enemies to give their lives meaning-secretly gather and plot a long-range plan with no thought to anything standing in their way: steal a so-called democratic election, put a puppet in power, then systematically begin a world takeov- wait a minute.......
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:56 AM   #4
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: New BOnd PLot Idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I think I have a really good Bond plot! Check it out:

A cabal of far-rightists-made up of corporate criminals, dangerous/imbecilic zealot bible-thumpers, zionists who serve Israel first and foremost and desire arab blood and war-loving, cold-war relics who need enemies to give their lives meaning-secretly gather and plot a long-range plan with no thought to anything standing in their way: steal a so-called democratic election, put a puppet in power, then systematically begin a world takeov- wait a minute.......

Farenheit 911? I love a good fantasy film...why not.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Moonraker (1979)