Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

28 Days Later (2002)

The days are numbered.

Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:11 AM   #16
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: 28 days Later: Whose Fault?

Something just occurred to me. What kind of ***** creates a virus to study rage and then makes it that contagious? I realise its a necessary plot hole for the movie to work, but still..

Edit: I can't say *****?
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 08:06 AM   #17
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

It probably wasn't mean to be contagious. Virii tend to be somewhat uncontrolable.

EDIT: of course you can say *****.

You can even say *********, *** ***** or *****?******.

My favourite, though, is ***!!!***$$$***&&&***
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 08:18 AM   #18
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I was trying to say *****. Whats so bad about that?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:05 AM   #19
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

The scientists and the greenpeace activists, can be thought of using the metaphorical chicken vs the egg. In that it's hard to put fault on just one of the groups.

Or, pehaps I'm thinking to far outside of the box. Which would mean I'm a touch crazy. But then I ask you, could some one who abstractly creates an hypothesis and conclusions be crazy, or closer to the truth?

Or, am I just rambling on again?

Crazy 'ol Kier.....
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:44 PM   #20
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieraganion
I ask you, could some one who abstractly creates an hypothesis and conclusions be crazy, or closer to the truth?

Whaat?
Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 01:40 PM   #21
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
While the activists were stupid (Painfully stupid...) the virus was man made. If they hadn't created it in the first place, there would have been no problem.

Yeah, but thats like saying, if we hadnt created money, people wouldnt steal it. I mean---the entire point of civilization is that people are governed by a body of law that they all respect (or obey anyway if they thinks its crap)--simply for the sake of their own protection. I dont get to kill you, you dont get to kill me.

These greenpeace idiots broke the law. (ok, I dont hate treehuggers or environmentalists, they have a point but they went too far)

How can it be the scientists' fault when they created a virus in a closed environment?

And what if the point of the movie (political/moral point anyway) is that true rage begets rage, and is a contagion (ie road rage).
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 01:53 PM   #22
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Its not like money. Money was created for practical reasons. The scientists created a virus that turned creatures into furious monster versions of themselves and spreads like wildfire. Now, there are easier, more useful ways to study anger, and they must have known it had the potential to be used as a devastating chemical weapon if engineered. What good could come of it?

I like your observation on the nature of rage though...
Old Mar 24, 2004, 01:57 PM   #23
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Now, there are easier, more useful ways to study anger, and they must have known it had the potential to be used as a devastating chemical weapon if engineered. What good could come of it?

What like anger management? That works. . . .NOT give me some examples.

Also, what if they were studying the chemical reactions that anger produces? We can all document the outward actions (the entire continuum) people exhibit, but what if they were attempting isolate the chemicals that cause it?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 02:18 PM   #24
Iwata
Autarch

I say we follow France's example: Use our Special Forces to kill all treehuggers.

Old Mar 24, 2004, 02:41 PM   #25
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Quote:
Now, there are easier, more useful ways to study anger

Anger management is the treatment of uncontrollable rage rather than the study of it, and I don't know enough about it to comment on its effectiveness. But something like that. If anger is chemically induced surely its going to produce false results in comparison to actual, honest-to-god, stab-you-in-the-head rage...?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 02:52 PM   #26
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
If anger is chemically induced surely its going to produce false results in comparison to actual, honest-to-god, stab-you-in-the-head rage...?

How so? I dont follow that logic. If sexual passion is hormonally/chemically induced why cant the passionate anger that is actual, honest-to-god, stab-you-in-the-head be chemically induced? It probably is (i speculate, Im no chemist/scientist)

By chemically induced, I mean only to say that perhaps the scientists were attempting to isolate the motivators that trigger the chemical brain or hormonal reaction that causes anger/rage.

Maybe they were in the initial stages of isolating the chemical compound that (monkeys being the stand in for us) causes rage.

Your wife is trying to beat me up in that other thread, btw. You
might need to deal with her.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 02:59 PM   #27
Iwata
Autarch

Quote:
Originally posted by mack

Your wife is trying to beat me up in that other thread, btw. You
might need to deal with her.

I'll beat all of you with one hand tied behind my back, blind-folded and hopping on one foot.

Quote:
Maybe they were in the initial stages of isolating the chemical compound that (monkeys being the stand in for us) causes rage.

Seems likelly. And the fact that the experiment was so secret suggests some military application. Or else such an advanced experiment would surely have been brought to public.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 03:04 PM   #28
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
such an advanced experiment would surely have been brought to public.

????? Proof please? I would go so far to say that they would go to lengths to keep it secret from the public until they found a way to put a nice spin on it. In real life too.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 08:09 PM   #29
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
ooohh---Seraph---that was so. . .

Cool , calm , collect and intellectual . . . ..
The point was in case you missed it, it doesn't matter who did what or when there's the same root behind all of it, innate curiosity (animal study/anti animal testers attempt to undo) and arrogance of thinking you know best (freeing the animals/testing on them). Humans always screw humans.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 12:45 AM   #30
ye2ars
Starfighter
79 flights since Jan 2004

its the humans fault as always lol
ye2ars is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)