Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

28 Days Later (2002)

The days are numbered.

Old Mar 30, 2004, 03:01 PM   #31
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: 28 days Later: Whose Fault?

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

The point was in case you missed it . . .

Seraph, why do you assume that I misunderstand you? I didnt, I ws merely teasing. But thanks for reiterating.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:28 PM   #32
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Ok, ok I admit it, it was my fault. It was me, ya hear?! I did it. And I'm glad, see? Glad! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Anyway, i have yet to see this movie, but endeavor to do so at my soonest convenience. To busy watching season 6 of DS9 at the moment tho.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 03:40 AM   #33
homeworldrelic
Starfighter
104 flights since May 2004
Exclamation Re: 28 days Later: Whose Fault?

Im no treehugger but we cannot blame everything on the hippys... Human Kind has no reason to do research such as they did? What did they want to figure out where rage comes from....RAGE COMES FROM 5 'o'Clock TRAFFIC WHEN YOUR ON YOUR WAY HOME FROM WORK AND SOME BLUE HAIR JUMPS IN FRONT OF YOU SO YOU MAY HIT HER AND GIVE HER THE CHANCE TO SUE YOUR ASS FOR GIVING HER WIPLASH......sorry......I hate old drivers.....errrr.....yeah.....! Such research is useless.
homeworldrelic is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 12:26 PM   #34
dinochick
Starfighter
80 flights since Apr 2003
Location: USA ~ the outer rim, furtherst point from the center of the Universe

Quote:
Originally posted by Prividenie_
- Whose fault? BOTH !

The scientists, just like in "Alien Resurrection", "The Fly 2" and "Resident Evil"; the “stupid treehuggers” (I said “stupid” because I’m also kinda treehugger and I would NEVER do something as stupid as that), just like in "Jurassic Park 2 – Lost World".

------
Note: “treehuggers”, “animal rights activists” and “hippies” are all different definitions (although they are frequently related)– keep it real.

Amen brother. I think that it was 1) the scientist fault for creating (or developing/isolating) the diease and 2) for the militant actions of some people who thought they were doing the right thing.
Animal testing is always wrong no mater how you look at it. If we need to test something and feel the need to test it on our closest living relatives (chimps) then why don't we just take a drive down to the prison and gather up a few bad people (rapest, murderes, pedophiles, ect...)??? I think that would solve alot of problems right there
dinochick is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 01:33 PM   #35
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by dinochick
If we need to test something and feel the need to test it on our closest living relatives (chimps) then why don't we just take a drive down to the prison and gather up a few bad people (rapest, murderes, pedophiles, ect...)??? I think that would solve alot of problems right there

Dinochick! Im appalled!

You believe it is ok to invade the body of another human being against their will and to test things on them? To violate their civil rights? How is that any different from telling a woman she cant have an abortion? (i make no judgements on THAT issue)
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 06:19 PM   #36
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

Quote:
You believe it is ok to invade the body of another human being against their will and to test things on them? To violate their civil rights

isnt that what a rapist does to its victims? so why not do it back to them?
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 08:21 PM   #37
dinochick
Starfighter
80 flights since Apr 2003
Location: USA ~ the outer rim, furtherst point from the center of the Universe

Quote:
Originally posted by mack

Dinochick! Im appalled!

You believe it is ok to invade the body of another human being against their will and to test things on them? To violate their civil rights? How is that any different from telling a woman she cant have an abortion? (i make no judgements on THAT issue)

Yes, once they have comitted a crime and are in prison for life they should no longer have any rights, at least for the ones who have committed the most horrible crimes.

Quote:
Originally posted by merlin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by mack

You believe it is ok to invade the body of another human being against their will and to test things on them? To violate their civil rights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
isnt that what a rapist does to its victims? so why not do it back to them?

Exactly, an eye for an eye maybe... without sounding barbaric.
dinochick is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 04:35 AM   #38
pilgrimine
Starfighter
58 flights since May 2004

Its a difficult subject.
I for one dont agree with testing on a human being without their permission whoever they are.

But then again nor do i believe in doing so on an animal either.

I can see the logic behind Dinochick and merlin's points,but i emphasise the word logic.
Yes it does make sense but the "an eye for an Eye" theory leaves a lot to be desired.

What is the difference between that and the death sentence?

Last edited by pilgrimine : Jun 9, 2004 at 06:42 AM.
pilgrimine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 05:00 AM   #39
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

If the government takes an eye-for-an-eye approach to its Justice System, whats the difference between cops and vigilantes? It's not supposed to be about revenge.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 05:29 AM   #40
pilgrimine
Starfighter
58 flights since May 2004

Quote:
It's not supposed to be about revenge.

I agree.
The death sentence is meant to be a deterrent and yet it has made no difference whatsoever to the crime rate in the states

Last edited by pilgrimine : Jun 9, 2004 at 06:42 AM.
pilgrimine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:19 AM   #41
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

well im sorry i do believe in revenge
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:25 AM   #42
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Ditto.

If someone injures someone, it's natural instinct to strike back, and if the attack was premeditated, then the tretribution should be at least equal to the attack, plus "interest" for the malice to have carried it out in the first place.

So, the retribution should always be a degree above the suffering the criminal caused.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:26 AM   #43
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Revenge makes you blind. It's powerful. People under its influence make snap judgements and bad decisions, and then more people suffer needlessly. Justice and Revenge can't co-exist.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:28 AM   #44
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Sure they can. All it takes is a strong will to judge it, and another to enforce it.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:28 AM   #45
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
Ditto.

If someone injures someone, it's natural instinct to strike back, and if the attack was premeditated, then the tretribution should be at least equal to the attack, plus "interest" for the malice to have carried it out in the first place.

So, the retribution should always be a degree above the suffering the criminal caused.

I see. So you do support terrorism after all.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)