Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

28 Days Later (2002)

The days are numbered.

Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:29 AM   #46
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: 28 days Later: Whose Fault?

I'm talking method.

Not cause.

I'm not talking about targeting innocent people for blind devotion. I'm talking retribution of crimes. Like 9/11, or the Madrid Train bombings. The people who perpetrated those events, should, in my view, be impalled and left on the city walls.

Barbaric? Yes. But hardly enough for the suffering they caused, and the pure cruelty that drives them.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:34 AM   #47
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
I'm talking method.

Not cause.

I'm not talking about targeting innocent people for blind devotion. I'm talking retribution of crimes. Like 9/11, or the Madrid Train bombings. The people who perpetrated those events, should, in my view, be impalled and left on the city walls.

Barbaric? Yes. But hardly enough for the suffering they caused, and the pure cruelty that drives them.

I understand. According to your philosophy the Iraqies have justification to level New york city to the ground.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:41 AM   #48
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

ok whats the difference between personal revenge and political revenge? as a person im not out to win a few votes on the blood of innocent people or to look good for the cameras.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:41 AM   #49
Iwata
Autarch

Quote:
I understand. According to your philosophy the Iraqies have justification to level New york city to the ground.

No, you do not understand.

You're making two big mistakes: You're generalizing, and you're reaching for extremes. You can't point at a complex situation like Iraq and say A+B=C. That does not make for an informative conversation.

The people of Iraq have been freed from a terrible dictator that killed his own people, and led them in a series of never-ending wars. That is cause for them to rejoice.

On the other hand, the means of methods for this attack were wrong. That gives them cause for retribution.

But the problem here is far more complex, because of mentality. That is why you're wrong to generalize. When the Allies landed on D-Day, they killed tens of thousands of french civilians in the preliminary bombardment. But the French welcomed them and supported them. They knew it was a necessary evil to rid themselves of a greater one.

The Iraqis do not. It's a consequence of indoctrination and anti-Western mentality, fueled by watching cruise missiles land on their backyards.

Situations are never black-and-White, POS. One must consider every aspect of it.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:09 AM   #50
B Rh POS
Wing Commander

Quote:

But the problem here is far more complex, because of mentality.

Perfect. That's what I was looking for.

All parties have different mentalities and perspectives. One party's perspective will demand swift retribution for reasons of nationalism, the other's for reasons of religion. So which is correct?

Metality is only a problem when it's backward and non-progressive. So if mentality is the problem then metality is what must be changed.

Now, which nations are due for some mentality alteration. The Arab nations for sure; India with its backward hinduism (that's a bloody revolution in the waiting); China had its mentality alteration and now it's doing a good job changing the metality of those backward Tibetans; and lastly the South American nations are due for some more mentality change.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:15 AM   #51
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

so should we all join hands and live happily ever after rb? maybe drink a coke and teach the world to sing?
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:17 AM   #52
B Rh POS
Wing Commander

I was being serious.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:20 AM   #53
Iwata
Autarch

Quote:
Originally posted by B Rh POS
China had its mentality alteration and now it's doing a good job changing the metality of those backward Tibetans;

After eading this, I'd hope you weren't being serious.

You actually sanction the slaughter of MONKS?! That's beneath human.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:23 AM   #54
pilgrimine
Starfighter
58 flights since May 2004

Quote:
China had its mentality alteration and now it's doing a good job changing the metality of those backward Tibetans;

And what exactly would you call backwards?

The tibetians have lived in harmony for thousands of years,they have lived off the land (which is not an easy job in that part of the world) and have lived in perfect harmony for a long long time.

The chinese on the other hand hand who already own an extremely large part of the planet have decided to control tibete,which is strategically and militarilly ideal for them.

Do they care about the tibetan culture,have they tried to what you probably would call CIVILISE them??

No,they have controlled the people and the country through sheer terror.
They have abused and taken advantage of the resources and the people,they have ostrocised them from the rest of the world and left them in sheer poverty and all in the name of what??

You might to choose to call that "changing a country's mentality" i choose to call it abuse of power and destruction of a country and its people!

Quote:

Enough said.
pilgrimine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:25 AM   #55
B Rh POS
Wing Commander

Quote:

After eading this, I'd hope you weren't being serious.

If it's for a healthy and progressive cause then I'd acquiesce to the public hanging of the catholic pope.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:25 AM   #56
Iwata
Autarch

I guess POS must consider Tian-a-men the perfect crowd control methodology.

You're too extreme to be true.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:26 AM   #57
pilgrimine
Starfighter

Quote:
If it's for a healthy and progressive cause then I'd acquiesce to the public hanging of the catholic pope.

I weep for the species or rather for you!
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:28 AM   #58
pilgrimine
Starfighter

Quote:
I guess POS must consider Tian-a-men the perfect crowd control methodology.

So Pos if you were the tank driver would you have ran that student over?
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:29 AM   #59
Iwata
Autarch

Forget tanks. Just keep her away from diplomatic offices.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:31 AM   #60
pilgrimine
Starfighter

(merlin here)

bh is a fem?

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)