Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

28 Days Later (2002)

The days are numbered.

Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:38 AM   #61
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: 28 days Later: Whose Fault?

Indeed.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:40 AM   #62
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

well i always said a woman would destroy the planet lol
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:46 AM   #63
Iwata
Autarch

I'm not entirelly convinced she's not just doing it for show. I've had my fair share of problems with my extreme views regarding some issues, I almost got expelled from my highschool for it, and I'm far more moderate than she is.

I don't see how she could have a healthy academic or professional life with such views outside of Buchenwald.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 08:51 AM   #64
pilgrimine
Starfighter
58 flights since May 2004

Quote:
I don't see how she could have a healthy academic or professional life with such views outside of Buchenwald

I dont see how she could possibly have an academic life as her views are extremely uneducated.

It sounds to me like its more a case of hearing the odd bit in the ten o'clocks news and using that piece of information at random.

I will certainly not take Pos seriously from now on as i dont see how her unfounded views could possibly contribute towards any discussion.
pilgrimine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 04:36 PM   #65
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by pilgrimine
I dont see how she could possibly have an academic life as her views are extremely uneducated.

ROLLING ON FLOOR LAUGHING

Seriously you guys. All it takes is reading her posts (Blood, ive decided that you ARE a woman--no man can be so acerbic, so well) to see that she is a highly educated/well read person. Probably older though. Id say, above 40? (Cmon, pm me and tell me!)

Great spirits often suffer violent opposition from mediocre minds
--Albert Einstein

Anway, about Blood's comments: I think that you ALL missed the deeper point and glommed onto the surface/literal meaning of her comments: an inflamed temper will often cause one to miss the deeper nuances. (kinda hard to see past the red--trust me, I should know!) You only have to follow her train of thought more closely.

Quote:
B Rh POS I see. So you do support terrorism after all.
Iwata I'm talking method.
B Rh POS I understand. According to your philosophy the Iraqies have justification to level New york city to the ground.
Iwata No, you do not understand. You're generalizing, and you're reaching for extremes. But the problem here is far more complex, because of mentality. That is why you're wrong to generalize.
B Rh POS Perfect. All parties have different mentalities and perspectives. So which is correct?
Merlin----makes platonic "get along" statement in middle of argument
B Rh POS I was being serious.
Iwata After eading this, I'd hope you weren't being serious.

And it was off to the races from there. I think that once the insults get to flying, the issues and the points really made always get clouded. Good, interesting conversations always have a way of deteriorating into mud-slinging contests this way. It takes a really well-adjusted person to trade barbs and not get so worked up they get off the subject into pettiness. *shrugs* Even politicians have this flaw. Frankly, I think POS doesnt suffer from such a problem, or at least, I can never tell that she's in a rage from her posts. Fact of matter--I only ever get the impression of amusement or bored exasperation.

The way I read it must have been different from how you guys read it. *shrugs* I figure once you misunderstood Blood's point, she couldnt be bothered to reiterate it.

And NO. I rarely agree with B Rh POS, and all you need to do is read my other posts having conversations with her and you'll see that to be true. So please dont jump in with inflammatory insults that will only cloud the issues further

Last edited by mack : Jul 15, 2004 at 01:45 AM.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:32 PM   #66
Iwata
Autarch

What insults?

I'll just stay clear of further debate here.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:23 PM   #67
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata

No, what kind of person would voluntarily set a rabid chimp free while a panicked scientist nearby repeteadly shouts "It's infected! It's infected!" anyway?
Not any animal liberation activist that I know. This would never happen. But a government lab creating a killer virus for no appearant reason... yeah. We've been down that road before.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:28 PM   #68
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
What insults?
I'll just stay clear of further debate here.

Dont pay me any attention on this one Iwata----you should know that by now! I think you guys just disagreed. youre entitled to do that-----*shakes head at self* I agree with POS on the substantive issue discussed. The rest of it was huff.

Seriously though---just ignore that post.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:35 PM   #69
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

It WAS the monkeys' fault. All of them, for being so silly and getting caught in the first place! Or their ancestor. Tut.
You people look far too ahead of yourselves.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)