Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

28 Days Later (2002)

The days are numbered.

Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:43 PM   #16
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Seen 28 Days Later yet?

I had the pleasure of watching this again tonight and was extremely pleased, as I had told myself that I needed to watch it before I embarked on 28 weeks later..... and voila! There it was on More 4.

Such a good film and I am sad to say that I had actually forgotten parts of it, but it all came flooding back. (I had a mixture of memories of the other Brit flick with the wolves in me head, with Sean Bean.)

It is a superb film, with the right cast, great acting, all the moments you need in a film, well maybe bar the females having to dress up bit. But still, I guess that level of rage had to be produced to get our main man into action.

They showed the normal ending and the alternative ending after, where it's not all sweet. Perhaps that's the one that youse would go for?

Ahh, tis a good film.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:52 PM   #17
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

It is great, but it does go off the rails a bit towards the end. It's funny, most zombie movies tend to go a bit wrong once they try and find a place to stop.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:27 PM   #18
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

Ah, but see this one is different. It wants to give hope, whereas most don't.

Hold on, they do, don't they. No they don't. (scuse internal argument here)

I was thinking about Dawn of the Dead where all is hunky dory at the end, but then they get somewhere on the boat and we are left with the premise that all is far from safe there, but that is where it all ends.

I can't think of other zombie movies, bar Shaun of the Dead, and well, that does end fairly happily given the circumstances!

I like the ending of 28 days- it feels nice and I darn well like nice. I hate the idea that it would be just them all alone in the world. Boring.

The thing is they didn't get attacked as by the time they found somewhere to 'live' most of the infected were beginning to weaken from hunger. Also in the hills and mountains, the infected wouldn't be rife as they wouldn't be travelling over the hilly things. This was also said by the Scottish sergant when he was rambling when chained to the radiator.
In fact we don't even know if he is dead of alive? Or did I blink and miss that?

So with that in mind, there were in a safe place, with very few neighbours, that they could probably handle and take out, surrounded by mountains and fields (how nice), so they had an advantage point too.

That' the way I see it anyway.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:43 AM   #19
SpaceAce
Pilot
16 flights since Jan 2007

If I had to choose between 28 days later and 30 DAYS OF NIGHT, I have to chooset the later. 28 Days sucked but 30 DAYS OF NIGHT was awesome. Best horror/vampire movie in years. Slasher movie of the year goes to Hatchet. I still think 28 days sucks though.
SpaceAce is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 28 Days Later (2002)