Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Arrival, The (1996, 1998) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Arrival, The (1996, 1998) [movie series]

The greatest danger facing our world has been the planet's best kept secret... until now. | I guide

Old Feb 3, 2001, 09:24 AM   #1
enyiekan
Pilot
29 flights since Jan 2001
Angry Re: am i the only one that thinks that..........?

am i the only one that thinks that the sequel to arrival 1 sucks. i mean i thank God that charlie sheen didn't stare in it.

let me know your opinion too.

ENYIEKAN.
enyiekan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2001, 03:57 PM   #2
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Good movie hoping for the third

I thought the movie was actually pretty good. i think I'm the only one though. It provided a good continuation of the first movie. Although I was bummed that charlie sheen wasn't in it other than that the movie was good, better that gladiator which I rented on the same day.
I was just searching around to see if there was going to be The arrival 3 with no luck. This movie seems to hang at the end so I was wondering if it will be a trilogy. If anyone knows is there will be a third please tell me at mattman@icontech.com
Old Mar 31, 2001, 07:12 PM   #3
Hell Spawn
Wing Commander
277 flights since Mar 2001
Re: am i the only one that thinks that..........?

There's more movies like this one? Oh my god why would they ever want to recreate that peice of dirt. I swear the aliens looked more like jar jar.
Hell Spawn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2001, 12:57 AM   #4
zeepman
Pilot
33 flights since Feb 2001
warning

Warning-when they kill the original "hero" from the first movie at the start of a sequel, 9 times out of 10, that movie will suck.

I, too, was disappointed.
zeepman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2001, 03:40 PM   #5
BrOkEn_TuSk
Starfighter
75 flights since Apr 2001
Thumbs down Booo

i can't even believe they made a sequel to this crap ass movie. i'd hate to bad mouth charlie sheen but he seriously shouldn't have taken the roll of hero in the first Arrival. I gotta admit the title did get my attention, aliens taking over the earth from right under our noises? i mean come on who wouldn't wanna see that. but i was, like so many of you here, also dissappointed. the ending sucked so badly , it was like "hrmm got any ideas on how to end this bob? not really...oo i'm needed in the basement*pretends to walk down stairs*" it was a quick fix ending, not very clever at all.
BrOkEn_TuSk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2001, 05:14 PM   #6
enyiekan
Pilot
Thumbs up hey broken, you wrong you know.

hey arrival one was good and charlie sheen did great, it is just the sequel that sucked so badly i couldn't finish it. it was like a low budget science fiction movie ya know like (EXISTENZ) i just couldn't take it, but arrival 1 was definitely a "two thumbs up"

so contradict wisely.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 01:33 PM   #7
BrOkEn_TuSk
Starfighter
75 flights since Apr 2001
Thumbs down Re: am i the only one that thinks that..........?

theres no right or wrong when it comes to criticism enyiekan. Everyone has their own opinion and in my opinion both movies suck.

Watch enough bad movies and you'll start to appreciate the good ones.
BrOkEn_TuSk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2001, 06:09 PM   #8
enyiekan
Pilot
u right man.

you right man, but i can't stand ****ed up movies.

your man,
Enyiekan.

what country are you from.
Old Aug 5, 2001, 12:54 AM   #9
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
part 2 was bad

Well , the first part was acceptable ( ending was kind of bad ) but the second part was a dissaster It was on TV and I didn't start waching it from the the beggining and then I noticed the Alien from Arival in "Dic-k Tracy " coat then I said : Whait A minute! Isn't this alien Exactly like the one from Arival?
... and it turns out it was... And as it turns out I regreted watching it to the end

Last edited by Ivan : Jan 3, 2002 at 09:52 AM.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2002, 10:44 AM   #10
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: am i the only one that thinks that..........?

For Christmas I got the DVD with The Arrival and Arrival II on it. I should have taken it back to Wal-Mart, but I stuck it out, opened it and watched the first one. Ivanhoe is right, it starts out promising and then quickly degrades into a mindless remake of the countless alien invasion movies from the 1950's. I haven't watched the sequel and wonder if I should dare. Still, there is a point, at least in my twisted little mind, where a movie gets so bad it actually becomes fun to watch. The classic Plan 9 From Outer Space is my all-time favorite. I get sick and twisted pleasure from watching Battlefield Earth, Logan's Run, and Battle Beyond the Stars as well.

This movie did finally answer the question "What would chairs look like if our knees were on the backs of our legs?" Gotta be a hardcore "Married With Children" fan to get that one...
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Arrival, The (1996, 1998) [movie series]