Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Terminator (1984, 1991, 2003, 2006) [movie series] > Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

The Machines Will Rise

Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:59 PM   #16
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: WHY T3 Sucks Ass

Linda Hamilton sold the rights to the series? Surely you jest! I never liked her anyway. She was a complete egomaniac who used the fact that she was sleeping with the director to implement the edits in T2 that turned a deep, meaningful sequel into shallow eye candy. Plus, all of Reese's scenes were cut out.

And what's she doing now anyway? Waiting tables at the Fat Boy? She'd be a sight better than the woman who's playing Sarah Connor now. Maybe Sarah Connor was better off dead.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 02:29 PM   #17
Sharky
Cluster Admiral
1,670 flights since Nov 2001

Having said that though, their marriage ended do to the fact that the actress who played Rose's daughter in Titanic was sleeping with Cameron. I think he's a bit of a player....
Sharky is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 08:22 AM   #18
Azrael
Wing Commander
442 flights since Jul 2003

These are my reasons:
  • James Cameron wasn't directing it.
  • A bad cast for John Connor.
  • The same goes for the T-X.
  • The T-X didn't have the terminator feel to it.
  • The fact that the T-850 was a metal psychologist.
  • The movie didnīt felt as a Terminator movie.The first one was about how inhuman can a machine be.The second was about how human a machine can become.The third was just about a metal killer psychologist and his adventures thru time.
  • The story made T-2 effort to stop skynet meaningless.
  • Sarah Connor died.
  • Brad Friedel!.

Last edited by Azrael : Aug 3, 2008 at 12:22 AM.
Azrael is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:42 AM   #19
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

And - the Terminator from T3 was a downgrade! No way the Terminatrix was as effective as Robert Patrick's wickedly affective T-1000. Face it, if the T-1000 couldn't get the job done, it was time to pack it up.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:17 AM   #20
Azrael
Wing Commander
442 flights since Jul 2003

A downgrade indeed, it might have the ability to reprogram others terminator, controls vehicles and use technology for it's purpose, but for me the T-1000 is way more effective. It might not have guns but with it's hands could get the job done without having to cause too much ruckus, if it needed to escape an dangerous situation it would only need to change into it's water status and hide, or hide inside an container, but the T-X could not.

EDIT: Why would Skynet change from a liquid model to a hybrid endoskeleton model~?!.

Last edited by Azrael : Aug 8, 2008 at 08:27 AM.
Azrael is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:32 PM   #21
Sharky
Cluster Admiral
1,670 flights since Nov 2001

Events in T2 create a change in the space-time continuum. The future seen briefly in T3 is extrapolated from after the gang goes to Cyberdyne as opposed to a future extrapolated from before the gang goes to Cyberdyne. It's a slightly different Skynet, resulting in slightly different Terminator creations.

Although interestingly, the novelisation of T3 talks about how some resistance fighters in the future encounter a scene where T-800s and T-1000s are being 'retired' i.e. deactivated in a big pile because the TX has rendered them obsolute. But I think that's weak writing myself.
Sharky is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Terminator (1984, 1991, 2003, 2006) [movie series] > Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)