Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Mar 8, 2002, 03:01 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Movie or Book?

Wasn't this film based on a Stephen King book? Has anyone read it? I am wondering how it compares...
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2002, 12:09 PM   #2
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

well here is another Phlub first! For the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY the book was better then the Arnold movie! I am in shock. The book was so much more exciting and adventuresome then the movie. I was shocked at how different the 2 actually were. The book was just butchered. The only similar things were the characters and half the plot, I was really dissapointed in how much better the book was. The movie was still good though.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2002, 05:57 PM   #3
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002

did steven king write it? i'm pretty sure it was some other guy
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:56 PM   #4
Phlub
The Head Hunter

No Big Green it was Steven King I have the book and I am 110% sure that Steven King wrote it. Plus the book like i said for once was better then the movie.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 06:42 PM   #5
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall

man thats weird, cause running man wasn't horror at all
Old Apr 6, 2002, 07:50 PM   #6
Phlub
The Head Hunter

You mean "horrible"? Oh well, it is just that the books sequence of events was just so much better then the movie it isn't even funny.
Old Apr 6, 2002, 11:03 PM   #7
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

I think that the greenknight was refering to the fact that Stephen king usualy writes horror stories.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2002, 11:10 PM   #8
Phlub
The Head Hunter

Oh yes. I see. Yeah King usually does write horror stories. And the book was more of a horror/drama/suspense/action until they slaughtered it into a sci-fi movie.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 12:25 AM   #9
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

King is not just a horror hack, he is an actual writer. This means that he is not restricted by genre.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2002, 12:17 PM   #10
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

But he is limited by it. I read his Gunslinger series (excellent science fiction for those of you that haven't read it yet), The Eyes of the Dragon and many of his short stories and wonder what kind of material he could have put out had he not spent so many years writing about possessed cars, vampires, and haunted houses.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2002, 03:21 AM   #11
Ender
Wing Commander
305 flights since Apr 2002

it was origanaly written under the name of richard bachman. (i cant spell pseudonom), together with some other stories like "the long walk". definetly great. in a way it is horror!!
Ender is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2002, 05:35 PM   #12
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall

i guess in a way if u read the book it can be considered a horror. being captured off the street and being forced by a supressive government to compete in a game where people cheer for madman who ride around carrying chainsaws and fire throwers.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]