Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Tron (1982)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Tron (1982)

A world inside the computer where man has never been. Never before now. | guide

Old Apr 1, 2001, 07:12 PM   #1
Storm Shadow
Starfighter
56 flights since Mar 2001
Re: Tron sequel

I heard there is a sequel planned called "Tron 2.0". Anyone else heard any details on it?
Storm Shadow is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2001, 10:33 PM   #2
TRWNC
Pilot
16 flights since Mar 2001
Question Re: Tron sequel

Cabalcom, do you watch movies for a living? You are very good at defining a film.

Tron is definitely not an emotional film, but it is a different outlook from the standard "good-guy-gets-bad-guy" idea. I really enjoyed the idea of "living" in a computer. What a concept!
TRWNC is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2001, 11:17 PM   #3
Alex Santos
Apprentice
1 flights since Jul 2001
Tron 2.0

I heard PIXAR will do the animation, I hope the new 2.0 will maintain the spirit of the original. Lets face it, it is not a sequel becuase tron the original had a beginning and end but I hope the name will be meaningful...I think it will be a good, I mean Alan Kay works at Disney!
Alex Santos is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2002, 03:58 PM   #4
Neptune
Pilot
17 flights since Feb 2002
Exclamation Great site for Tron stuff..........

You may have already seen this site, but in case you haven't.......

www.tron-movie.com

Has some good stuff on it, news on the sequel, trivia, etc.
Neptune is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2002, 11:00 PM   #5
Unregistered
n/a flights since
I heard that...

... Microsoft is going to buy it and only release it as a game for the XBox. Kind of like what they did with the game HALO. LOL

Tron Of Borg

Quote:
Originally posted by Storm Shadow
I heard there is a sequel planned called "Tron 2.0". Anyone else heard any details on it?
Old Mar 18, 2002, 09:24 AM   #6
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Is the sequel official yet? Are they filming it or planning to or are these just vicious rumors? I do know that Tron 2.0 is the official title of a computer game coming out next year, a fully 3-D first person Role Playing Game, perhaps of the massive multiplayer variety. One is supposed to play as a character trapped inside a computer, of course, but gameplay will be of the first person shooter type allowing the character to take part in the comepetitions and use various vehicles like light cycles (which would be rather cool from a first person shooter perspective) and tanks.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2002, 08:35 AM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

It is my humble opinion that the rumors of a sequel are false. I cannot find anything official about a sequel. Disney still owns the rights to TRON and apparently has no intention of making another film. The Internet Movie Database does have a listing for a film called Tron Killer App (whatever that means) up for a July 2003 release, but I can't find anything that officially links this film to TRON as a sequel or anything else. I wonder if the rumors of a sequel were spawned by last year's release of the Special Edition DVD?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2002, 10:18 AM   #8
Neptune
Pilot
17 flights since Feb 2002
Exclamation Here's something official...........

How about this for official mention of a sequel?

On the Tron 20th Anniv. DVD, there is a promo for www.tronkillerapp.com

The director/producer even mentions possible elements of the sequel on the DVD bonus material.

On the website I mentioned above there are some links to other mentions of the sequel.
Neptune is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2002, 04:12 PM   #9
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

are you sure it was a sequal i thought they were doing a remake and then maybe a sequal to the remake
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Tron (1982)