Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Tron (1982)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Tron (1982)

A world inside the computer where man has never been. Never before now. | guide

Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:58 AM   #16
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: remake

Quote:
I watched it as a kid, and it still plays with your sub-conscious, as do most films ive seen when i was young
I can understand that. You have emotional ties with the film that interfere with any objective assessment of its qualities. I have similar emotional ties to Never-ending Story. You must understand that the magic qualities of childhood have fused the film to certain associations that are in your own mind and no one elseís. I am talking about the actual film here.
Quote:
and it still plays with your sub-conscious,
no my freind it play's with YOUR Subconscious.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2002, 03:54 PM   #17
IBM 9000
Recruit Pilot
11 flights since Jan 2002

obviously you did'nt read my post properly, dont you think i know i was being subjective " i dont think i can argue, seeing that you have the negative veiw-point, well to mine anyway.. "....but no, you had to be a pretensious neanderthal...hee hee hee

P.S. when you reply to a post, you should at least take the trouble to read the privious ones first..
what YOU lack is the consistency at realizing that YOU havent talked about the "actual film"...???
IBM 9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2002, 03:57 PM   #18
IBM 9000
Recruit Pilot

oh by the way im not your "freind"....whatever the **** that is...but i wont go for cheap shot neanderthal spelling criticism's.

apart from this one of course.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 07:04 PM   #19
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Quote:
obviously you didnít read my post properly
I read your posts as they are written.

My good fiend, you are evading the issue. How does my more objective view of the film make me a pompous cave dweller?

Quote:
what YOU lack is the consistency at realizing that YOU havenít talked about the "actual film"...???
And you lack the consistency to follow your own advice. read some of my posts on the thread, you Highly Modest Homo Sapient.

P.S. If you wish to persist to insult me rather than talk about 'Tron', I suggest that you not clutter this forum with your filth. You want to 'take it outside'? That is what 'Pilots Mess' is for.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 07:11 PM   #20
alienblighter15
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Jan 2002

Lets all just fight some more, OOH!! Fight somewhere else.
What was Tron about?
alienblighter15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2002, 07:27 PM   #21
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Quote:
Lets all just fight some more, OOH!! Fight somewhere else.
that is exactly what i said in the last post...
Quote:
What was Tron about?
'world inside-the-computer flick of the early 80's. a programmer is sucked into his own creation. The sprites are alive! Eventualy he saves the comp. world from it's evil Red-Tornado looking ruler. IBM 9000 will probebly give you a more detailed description when he gets bored of gnawing at my ankles.

(and if you have read the post after this one, you will notice that he hasn't yet... Persistent little bugger, ain't he?) oh... and Mr. IBM (it's okey, we all BM ) if you want to continue with the childish insults please have some consideration to those who want to discuss Tron and do it here

Last edited by SF_not_Sci-Fi : Jan 20, 2002 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2002, 10:24 AM   #22
IBM 9000
Recruit Pilot

ouch!!...why i outta!!...

thats it..no use, oh **** it, and whats this about modesty??...im so sorry SF_not_Sci-Fi, did'nt mean to upset you..you pretensious neandethal...(im aware of my spelling mistakes, as you are too..good aprouch...but its been done.)
Old Jan 20, 2002, 03:13 AM   #23
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001
A TRON remake = money loser!

I would not envy the producers of a remake of "TRON". It is likely to be a money loser, possibly a big money loser. I doubt many people, aside from fans of the original, will be interested enough to pay $9.00 a seat at the movie theatre.
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2002, 11:30 AM   #24
IBM 9000
Recruit Pilot

how thoughtful of you, SF_not_Sci-Fi

caring for others...boo-hoo, sob sob
Old Jan 20, 2002, 12:21 PM   #25
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

I would see a remake, especially since i saw Tron as a little kid, and don't remember a damned thing, aside from the fact that I liked it.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2002, 01:55 PM   #26
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

I would wait until it came out on tape... a streight-to-video release might be the safest option... Tron does not have a large enough following for the sequal to garantee a blockbuster.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:46 AM   #27
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Do you think the remake will feature Bruce Boxelightentheloaferser, from all those Kenny Rogers Gambler movies (and a stint on the repressive Babylon 5)?

I remember the absolute anticipation over the original film only to be absoutely let down when I saw it. I like it a little better now that I can at least understand what's going on. Bottom line, this is the only example I can quickly recall where the video game was better than the film.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2002, 08:05 AM   #28
Kal Hell
n/a flights since

Tron was original because of the "what is reality" theme. If Tron was never made The Matrix movie wouldn't exist.Other themes in the movie are the Christ/Flynn subtext and information is for all and not for big companies.IT IS A GREAT FILM.Can't wait for Tron2.0
Old Mar 6, 2002, 09:07 AM   #29
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kal Hell
Tron was original because of the "what is reality" theme.
Tron did not invent the 'what is reality theme'. Philosophers have been debating it for thousands of years. It has existed in SF litereture for quite a while, and I am sure that Tron is neither the first nor the best film to have explored it. The premise behind Tron is rather more like Toy Story than the matrix to begin with. "The video games are alive!"

And while the Matrix is neither the deepest nor the most original movie to have covered this issiue, (The Thirteenth Floor is both deeper and more original) when set against Tron, it looks like one of the prime acheivments of Humanity.
Old Mar 22, 2003, 02:12 AM   #30
NDCENT
Apprentice
2 flights since Mar 2003

I saw Tron when I was 12-14 (33 now) and I didn't think much of it either. Saw it again recently and although it was still pretty bad, especially the acting, it was strange seeing as I now understand all the computer jargon. I did like the effects though.

It was DEFINATELY better than The Black Hole! lol Ironically, I liked that movie the first time I saw it.

Last edited by NDCENT : Mar 22, 2003 at 02:18 AM.
NDCENT is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Tron (1982)