Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:42 AM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Flash Forward and LOST

So - anyone watching the new ABC drama Flash Forward?

This might be a spoiler if you've not seen the first few eps of Flash Forward or the fifth season of LOST so beware.

So - FF deals with an "event" in which everyone on the planet minus at least two people, a man named DGibbons and somebody at a baseball game on the east coast of the US, passes out for just over two minutes and each have visions of a specific date six months into the future. The two minute blackout results in major worldwide catastrophes, planes falling from the sky, ramming into easily recognizable world landmarks (enough to make Roland Emmerich quite proud), buses running off the road, into lakes, etc. The real damage is this concept that everyone has seen the future and the old - if I try to prevent this future, won't I be causing it paradox. Anyway - FF for the most part has given me a major case of the meh's but the core story, the investigation of what caused it and why is pretty damn compelling. In reminds me in a lot of ways of the ill fated Jericho. So yeah, okay show.

I'm on another board last night and someone proposes the following very interesting theory. There have already been several clear connections between FF and LOST - the Oceanic Airlines sign in episode one of FF being one of them. Episode four ends with a major character receiving a call from an unnamed character played by Dominic Monaghan. Consider this - the event that caused the flash forward in FF seems to specifically coincide with the event that concluded season five of LOST (Juliette and the LOSTies detonated the nuke at the site of the future swan station, etc.). Could it be that LOST and FF are in the same universe? I think the pieces are there. Plus, how off the hook would that be? Food for thought, provided you watch either of these shows. And if you're a LOST fan but have not seen FF - you can still catch the first four eps on HULU - watch immediately.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
Re: Flash Forward and LOST

That is an interesting idea, and it could be possible if ABC wants it. Because they hold the rights to both shows. Also JJ Abrams is involved in both.

As for the show itself, I am not really hooked yet. And i dislike the fact that they started with heavy drama from the begining and the didn't let the viewer get familiar with the characters first.

I am afraid it can be a let down to start with a BIG mistery from the beginning and fail to deliver in the later episodes. (Like Heroes ... I don't even care who switched sides anymore , or who is the new/old vilian. that show totally lost it ....)
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Flash Forward seems really interesting so far. I've caught the first 4 episodes on TV, and it managed to hold my interest with an interesting plot and some good acting but some very underrated actors.

I do, however, hope they don't try and reach to/with Lost, as that show died to me in the second season, and it would require much too catching-up to do.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Season 2 was the BEST Season of Lost!

Season 3 was something else, it sort of died a little but got back up in the fourth and it went CRAZY in fifth. Now we'll see how it ends in the last season
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:12 PM   #5
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

I agree - in fact, the first episode of season two (the big "what's in the hatch" reveal) gets my vote for best episode of the series.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum