Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005
Anyone remembers Bucky O'Hare?

Great cartoon from the early 90's that i loved since i was 10. He was one of my heroes when i was at that age, i had a few of the toys and even played his awesome video game.

It's set in an anthropomorphic universe called the Aniuniverse in another dimension, another time and space as an evil race of toads are conquering different worlds. A human 12 year old boy from Earth with great intelligence named Willy creates a photon excellarator which opens up a door to the other dimension as he could occassionaly drop in after school or any time to join his new friends Bucky O'Hare, the sexy pink haired feline beauty Jenny (Whom i had a crush on at that age), lunk headed but likeable berserker baboon Bruce, first class android Blinky, the badass DeadEye Duck (Whom becomes Willy's best friend) and others to fight in their crusade against the toads and a powerful AI controlling them.

The graphic novel is quite good too and a movie is coming soon. But one thing that always bothers me is that Jenny is kind of a pedophile i think since she desires Willy, i mean come on, a kid? i don't mind interspecies relationships even with aliens but he's just a young boy and i think she is a total pedo.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Anyone remembers Bucky O'Hare?

I do indeed remember this cartoon, though I have to say I always preferred Thundercats. Though that is probably more to do with my age than anything else. Bucky O'Hare was decent from what I recall however.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:08 PM   #3
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Man, I LOVED this show when I was a kid. I don't know what I'd think of it now that I have a firm grasp on American culture and English is my primary language though.

I'm not surprised that Bucky's got a new comic. That is after all the medium where he got his start back in the early 80's.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Sharky
Cluster Admiral
1,670 flights since Nov 2001

Yeah I remember Bucky. Great show. I had the action figure somewhere.....*has a Toy Story moment*
Sharky is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum