Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Akira (1988)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Akira (1988)

Neo-Tokyo is about to E.X.P.L.O.D.E. | guide

Old Jan 28, 2005, 08:23 AM   #1
Toto
Apprentice
4 flights since Jan 2005
Akira

Before I even became an otaku I was told about this film and I waited to see it for several years before I finally sat down and watched it. I'm sure if I had known what I had been missing I would have seen it much sooner! Akira was one of the most beautiful, most intellectual, and definately the most ground breaking anime that I have ever seen. And as inspired as I was I couldnt help but feel a little exhausted after the whole thing was over. The characters felt so real especially Tetsuo who by the end I felt alot of sympathy for. This is definately a movie that fans of anime and sci fi alike should check out.
Toto is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 07:12 PM   #2
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002
Re: Akira

Ageed, it's bloody awesome.

It's managed to become a universal reccomendation for all who are fans of anime and newcomers alike.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 04:28 AM   #3
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

I got both Versions of Akira the dubbed version and then later the widescreen one with subtitles and its interesting to see the difference in dialogue between the two (geeky I know)

But out of the two the japanese version is my favourite and a film I hav'nt got on dvd yet (must add it to the list)

Favourite scene when the General says "let's get outta here" on the Helicopter and the music kicks in onto the bike chase against the clowns in the tunnel.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:19 AM   #4
onestepshort
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jul 2005

this was the 2nd anime movie i ever saw.... sick movie!!!

(metropolis was the first... that was absolutely amazing as well... but i had a lot of nerdy friends who knew which animes were good and which ones werent)
onestepshort is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 03:47 PM   #5
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

This movie made me into a anime fan when i was 14 in 1996.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Akira (1988)