Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

The human adventure is just beginning. | TMP guide

Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:06 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Saavik Staying on Vulcan

Here's something I ran across, first I'd heard of it but I immediately loved the idea:
Quote:
Sequences planned but cut from the final film included Hikaru Sulu encountering an ancestor in San Francisco, as well as a sequence that would have revealed that Lieutenant Saavik was pregnant with Spock's child (a continuation of events from Star Trek III), which is why she stays behind on Vulcan. The latter has caused much debate among Trek fans over whether Saavik's pregnancy should be considered canon if it was never confirmed on screen.

Obviously the meaning is that the Pon-Far session that took place on Genesis in STIII actually did involve sex. I've always wondered if the Pon-Far "mating" ritual shown briefly in STIII (and discussed in depth in an episode of the origina series) entailed more than just rubbing fingers. Apparently, even though this plot line never entered the film, this is indeed the case.

Would love to see this story line, Spock's love child if you will, show up somewhere, maybe a new series or a film.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 03:22 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: Saavik Staying on Vulcan

The novelizations for the movies both included the scenes that were cut, involving Sulu and Saavik's pregnency. However, as to who the baby's father is makes me wonder, since in the novelization of 'The Wrath of Kahn' Saavik and David Marcus were having a sexual relationship. Her mixed lineage as half Vulcan and half Romulan allow her passions to not be bothered by logic concerning the relationship with David.

The later novels that have come out, particularly the ones involving Spock, have consistantly stated that Spock married Saavik later in his life. Notes concerning the TNG episode where Picard stated that he attended Ambassador Spock's wedding, have also corroborated this.

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Oct 12, 2006 at 03:30 PM.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:50 AM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

So Sulu was getting it on with Saavik? I thought he was gay?

Still the entire sequence on the Genesis planet with Spock rapidly aging was very, very intense and one of the better sequences in all of the films. A few brief shots of Saavik and Spock stripping down for a little Vulcan foray would have been great.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Bloody hell. Not Sulu, I meant Spock and Saavik.

George Takei is gay (him being openly gay back in the sixties probably wouldn't have gotten him many jobs back then. But not Sulu, he has a daughter as pointed out in various novels and of course the movie Star Trek: Generations
Old Nov 21, 2006, 02:02 AM   #5
Arcee
Pilot
40 flights since Oct 2006
Weird much

I know I first heard that he was gay after he died. But I never saw any evidence in the t.v. series that he was or in any of his other works. To say the least I was shocked to find out. But in todays world its supposedly not as big of a deal as it use to be. Or is it just me that the world is becoming more and more evil.
Arcee
Arcee is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:14 AM   #6
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Yes, he is gay, but NO he is not dead. The Original Crew mortality rate currently stands at 2 down (DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy) and James Doohan (Mr. Scott)), 5 to go: Kirk, Spock, Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura are all still with us.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:33 AM   #7
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Other various ST alums that have passed are Mark Lenard (Sarek), Roger C. Carmel (Harry Mudd) and Jane Wyatt, just recently a week or two ago (Amanda, mother of Spock)
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:54 AM   #8
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

And let us not forget that both Merrit Butrick, who played David Marcus, Kirk's son in ST II and ST III died of AIDS (like Mr. Sulu, he too was gay) and Bibi Besch, who played his mother, Carol and Kirk's one-time love interest died of breast cancer.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]