Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

The human adventure is just beginning. | TMP guide

View Poll Results: Where should we boldly go from here?
Pay big bucks to keep TNG cast for #11 5 23.81%
Continue the Deep Space Nine story in the films 1 4.76%
Continue the Voyage story in the films 4 19.05%
Move the Enterprise crew onto the big screen 4 19.05%
Continue movie series with new crew, new ship, new stories 3 14.29%
Trash the films, focus entirely on TV 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 28, 2002, 08:25 PM   #16
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: What to do with Star Trek

Alan Rickman is classic in that scene. I think Alan Rickman and John Lithgow should team up for a movie...in fact, if they finally get around to doing a Galaxy Quest sequel (which I hope they do), wouldn't John Lithgow make a hilarious addition, maybe as a bad guy!
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2002, 08:28 PM   #17
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Or as a Thermian crewman.

Say, the Science Officer. Or the Medical Officer. He'd be great! He certainly has the physical atributes for it.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2002, 09:31 PM   #18
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002

and heck! he has the expreience playing an alien!
i think that if there is a sequal to galaxy quest, john lithgow would be the only way to go about it.

I think they should do a third rock movie! - that would ROCK! (no pun intended)

anyway- john lithgow should do SOMETHING! - he's cool
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2002, 09:45 AM   #19
Iwata
Autarch

Even in non-comical movies. Anyone here seen "Memphis Belle"?
Old Mar 31, 2002, 06:08 PM   #20
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002

How do you see the new Enterprise series going? Do you think it will last as the others did?
darkjedi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2002, 06:12 PM   #21
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

No. It's horrible, and if they ever make any movies I won't watch them I saw the first episode, yea, not bad, but the second and third turned me off completely. so now I turn IT off
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2002, 06:13 PM   #22
Iwata
Autarch

Never seen it. But it looks like crap. I mean, is that supposed to be the beggining of the Federation? Because the ship looks far more advanced than those on ST: TNG.

IT looks like an "Akira" upside down.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 09:36 PM   #23
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Enterprise is Trek, and that's good enough to make it one of the most watched shows on television. Enterprise, though quite mundane and uninspired all the way round (even the hot Vulcan chick is getting on my nerves), has this huge cache' of plot devices to keep Trekkies and pseudoTrekkies (like moi') drooling for seasons to come -like first contact with the Ferengi, the beginning of the original human/Klingon war, Romulans!, and, of course you saw this coming! - Q!!! So you see, quality does not matter, it's all about being Trek and that, friends, is quite enough.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 09:39 PM   #24
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Was Lithgow in Memphis Belle? He makes a stellar psychotic killer and was the only enjoyable member of the Cliffhanger ensemble, and the only one who seemed to realize what a total joke that movie was and because of that was able to have fun with it!
Old Mar 31, 2002, 09:57 PM   #25
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith
Enterprise, though quite mundane and uninspired all the way round (even the hot Vulcan chick is getting on my nerves), has this huge cache' of plot devices to keep Trekkies and pseudoTrekkies (like moi') drooling for seasons to come
Puseodo trekies maybe, but semi-trekies such as myself are not that quick to jump at that bate. One episode was enough for me.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2002, 12:52 AM   #26
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi
Puseodo trekies maybe, but semi-trekies such as myself are not that quick to jump at that bate. One episode was enough for me.

I know, it's not that gripping. Then again, I don't think any of the series were gripping. I've watched a few, but lost interest.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2002, 05:16 AM   #27
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith
[Blike first contact with the Ferengi, the beginning of the original human/Klingon war, Romulans!, and, of course you saw this coming! - Q!!! [/b]

OK, slightly off-topic, I know and apologise, but I need to ask - wasn't Q's VERY FIRST appearance in TNG? Wouldn't putting a Q (any Q) in this show jeapordize the timeline, and thus the entire space-time continuum and the very fabric of the Universe itself???

I don't like this show
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2002, 08:00 AM   #28
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

There have been so many Star Trek time travel incidents that whatever logical thought process drove the entire time line continuum was long ago demolished. Q can jump around in time and I suspect it's only a matter of time before he jumps into this series. I have an affinity for Q though and enjoy it when he shows up.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 10:28 AM   #29
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002

"Q" is a diamond character and a law unto himself/itself.
Present in the Next Generation -- doesn't mean he wasn't around before . He's a devious "sod" and doesn't reveal his gameplan to anyone !!
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2002, 02:19 PM   #30
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Whoa, the first four options made it hard to decide! I'll say the TNG crew do n 11th Trek-even though it's got the odd-numbered trek curse.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]