Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 2001-2010 [movie series] > 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

The Ultimate Trip. | guide

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite character?
Dave Bowman 4 17.39%
Frank Poole 0 0%
HAL 9000 16 69.57%
Dr. Heywood Floyd 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 10, 2003, 04:10 PM   #16
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Thumbs up Re: Favorite character

ever been hit upside the head with a big stick???

because you guys r asking for it
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:44 PM   #17
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Favorite character

ever had your IP banned from a message board???

because you r asking for it.

HAL kicks ass - HAL's the greatest!

Someone should suggest the chicken sandwich guy, though
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2003, 12:54 PM   #18
Kell
Wing Commander
163 flights since Mar 2003

Actually, I'm going with the obelisk. It's that whole 'tall, dark and silent' thing it's got going on - real screen presence. Plus the ability to turn a gas giant into a star, that's a laudable quality for any character to display.

Kell is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2003, 09:33 AM   #19
Flowrchild
Starfighter
131 flights since Apr 2003

I definitely love HAL the best. In fact, if he was in more of the movie, it would possibly be one of my favorite Kubrick flicks. I enjoyed it overall anyway, but I was certainly the most intrigued during the Hal portions of the movie.
Flowrchild is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 12:41 AM   #20
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Hal added to the fear and suspense of the whole thing. But was almost a second subplot. I love Hal. Best character period.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 02:12 AM   #21
Samin
n/a flights since

You guys should have a look at : www.kubrick2001.com for a flash multimedia movie on the explanantion of 2001. A very interesting and intriguing perspective on this most baffling of movies...

BTW, this is one of my all time favourite movies
Old May 26, 2005, 05:29 PM   #22
Hiteak42
Pilot
37 flights since May 2005
Location: A small blue and greeen planet in the far western edge of the Milky Way Galaxy revolving around the star Sol

HAL is one of thoose characters you can never forget. Just an idea of HAL is amazing. If the world ever does get taken over by a bunch of HALs, I wouldn't mind.
Hiteak42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:08 AM   #23
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

gotta be HAL. Even though he(?) is just a machine, and a very cold and calculating one at that, he was also had a big screen presence that totally dominated over all the other characters, including Dave.

edit -- I was almost welling up when he got unplugged while singing "Daisy: A Bicycle Made For two"

Last edited by Sonny : Jun 30, 2006 at 08:23 AM.
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 2001-2010 [movie series] > 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)