Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Incredibles, The (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Incredibles, The (2004)

Save the Day.

Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:15 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Best CGI Movie to Date

Okay, this is Pixar's best, hands down.

It also dwarfs both Shrek movies, hands down.

The more I watch this movie, the more I love it. I love the style, the look, the music. I want more. If they don't make a sequel I will hate them forever.

Pixar rankings first to worst:

The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story
A Bug's Life
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:38 PM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Best CGI Movie to Date

It's a great movie that does grow on you. I think I'm starting to prefer it to Nemo but I don't know about Toy Story 2, I need to watch it again.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:18 AM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

I've watched it enough times that I am starting to really notice how much detail they put into this movie. I've also watched all of the special features on disc 2 (something I never do). Man, why can't I work at Pixar? An office with fooseball and pooltables in the break room, skateboard paths down the hallways?

I love the look of this movie, the retro 1950's architecture and the James Bond evil lair. The house they live in is just too cool, everything on the outerspaceesque angles.

Syndrome also now ranks as one of my all time favorite bad guys.

But I think my favorite character has to be Dash. They nailed it with this character. Imagine if, when you were nine years old, you had superpowers. How would you act? The scene where he is beating up the thug in the sawblade hovercraft, realizes that he is actually beating someone up, the look on his face is classic.

I saw this movie with my kids and though I enjoyed it, I really wasn't just blown away like I was when I watched Toy Story 2 or even Finding Nemo. But whereas the former two are enjoyable with occassional viewings, I can't seem to get enough Incredibles. I think now, in retrospect, it was the best movie of 2004.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:25 AM   #4
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Yeah, it's really detailed. One of my favourite characters is Bob Parr's boss. His looks and his hand gestures are quite believeable, I wouldn't be surprised if he was based on a real person.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:04 PM   #5
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

I honestly thought this would be a kiddy movie, with a very young target audience. but, i put off watching it, but i liked it.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 02:35 AM   #6
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

I loved the movie: yes it may be aimed at kids but the story was good, the characters interesting and the level of detail in the sfx were superb. Although I still rate it just behind Toy Story/2
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:00 AM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Some Pixar and Toy Story 3 news:
Quote:
Out doing promotions for his new comedy "Zoom", Tim Allen confirmed to The National Ledger that he and Tom Hanks will reprise their voices of Buzz Lightyear and Woody in Disney/Pixar's third "Toy Story" film.

"It's going to be great. We have John Lasseter, the original director, and I believe Tom is on board" says Allen.

The follow-up to "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" was to be made by Disney without Pixar's involvement, but when Pixar was acquired by Disney in January, John Lasseter pulled the plug on that version immediately and literally put "TS3" back on the drawing boards.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 02:25 PM   #8
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

I didn't like this movie nearly as much as Finding Nemo.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:56 PM   #9
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001

I really like "The Incredibles". It agree it is Excellent. I also really enjoy "Shrek 2". There are so many funny gags, puns, satires and spoofs in "Sherk 2". I don't care for "Finding Nemo". The animation was amazing, but the story was weak. I found the story rather boring.

Favorite CGI animation films:

1. "The Incredibles"
2. "Shrek 2"
3. "Shrek"
4. "Toy Story"
5. "Toy Story 2"
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:25 AM   #10
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

And how rare is it to have an animated film these days (American animation, no Japanese anime) without talking animals? I am so sick of talking animal movies. This year alone we've been inundated. The only non-animal films released since The Incredibles was Monster House. Even the celebrity factor was low in this one, Samuel L. Jackon being the only noticable voice in it.

Still tops my list of non-anime animation.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Incredibles, The (2004)