Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old May 6, 2002, 11:03 PM   #16
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001
Re: prequel

Quote:
Originally posted by Wineo1983
I don't know why Doc invented the Time Train. Maybe he just wanted to give Marty the pic of him and Doc at the clock, and to see if Marty destroyed the delorean or not.

Just one of the many holes in the trilogy. The thing is full of them and everybody(including myself ) loves them.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 03:18 PM   #17
big_cum
n/a flights since

i would be no fun to watch if m.j.fox was not in it because he is the best person in all the films
Old May 24, 2002, 07:52 PM   #18
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002

I'm not going to say I wouldn't see a sequel, but I wouldn't advise making one. I say, leave it as a trilogy, and let time decide. But then again, you never know, Star Wars was 'just a trilogy.'
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2002, 02:32 AM   #19
Cucumber Posse
Wing Commander
408 flights since Feb 2002

Funny. I was under the impression that Lucas was set on making the entire series if the original Star Wars was successful, and not just a trilogy. Of course I could be wrong.
Cucumber Posse is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2002, 06:02 PM   #20
tomtrek
Starfighter
53 flights since May 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Cucumber Posse
Or they could screw it up royally and make a tv show about it. Is that what you all want?

Well they made a cartoon....

And Star was was never going to be 'just a trilogy' Whats why the first film reliced was episode IV.
tomtrek is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 04:22 PM   #21
NVES
Pilot
33 flights since Mar 2002
Location: A small laboratory in a secret location somewhere in the Uk
Why?!!!!

Why did Doc invent the time train if he thought time travel was a bad idea? Because he's a hypocrite!

In the original film he was all so high & mighty about causality & the concept of not knowing too much about your own future. He still read Marty's letter in the end though didn't he? He still took precautions & wore a bullet proof vest?

So, Doc really doesn't have all that many morals. In fact, I'm surprised he really did stick that almanac in the trash considering how he goes back on his word so much. Perhaps he invented the time train so he could go back & retrieve it, make a few choice bets & live the good life...

...in case anyone didn't notice I am so kidding...

*Not Very Evil Scientist*
NVES is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 04:38 PM   #22
tomtrek
Starfighter
53 flights since May 2002

What I don't get is, in BTTF 1, Doc says that he chose a DeLorian becasue
1. It had style
2. It was made of some sort of alloy (he was cut off my the time machine returning).
But, the time train isn't made out of this speical alloy, so how could it work?
tomtrek is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 04:43 PM   #23
NVES
Pilot
The time train...questions abound!

That's not the only question, how did Doc get the parts to build a functioning flux capacitor that didn't require plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts to get the thing travelling through time?

He's a genius is one answer...the only half-**sed one I can think of right now.

To answer your question though, how do you know it's not made of special alloy? It might not look like it is, but how do you know?

Doc said he used the DeLorean as aluminium aids flux dispersal, however I thought DeLoreans were fashioned from brushed steel? Or is that just the finish?

Old Jun 24, 2002, 04:44 PM   #24
hal9000
Pilot
25 flights since May 2002

Stainless steel! The Delorean body was stainless steel! I think what Doc was going to say before he got cut off is that the stainless steel constuction allowed the "power of the flux capacitor" to be distributed all around the car so that the whole thing would travel though time, and not just parts of it.
hal9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2002, 01:37 PM   #25
NVES
Pilot
Oh dear...

Yes it was stainless steel...I wasn't thinking fourth dimensionally....I wasn't thinking period!

Goes to throw out her plans for a DeLorean made out of tin foil...
Old Mar 16, 2003, 09:10 PM   #26
lyon99
n/a flights since
Cool ya

i would like to see maybe an 8 year old marty meet a doc brown for the first time and maybe it could be about a different crazy invention or something....just to see how they met
Old May 6, 2004, 09:15 AM   #27
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Well, if you can market the prequal effectively then it should work. But I think you'll have to do a good job on the movie to so that fans aren't dissapointed.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series]