Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Aug 3, 2001, 04:27 PM   #1
rustiswordz
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since Jul 2001
Re: I got to ask this: The Star treck Federation against the Star Wars Empire

Well, what you think? personally i think the Empire would walk all over the Federation, indeed the whole of the alpha quadrant.....

Enterprise E: 150m long
The SSD Executor: 15 miles long

no answer really.......
rustiswordz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2001, 09:05 AM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Well, that depends, are you talking Federation Pre-Klingon? Before the Kilingons became our allies, I would say a resounding NO. However, take The Klingons, The Borg, the shape shifter founders from DS9 and Kahn, and you have no match.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2001, 12:41 PM   #3
rustiswordz
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since Jul 2001

i dunno so much. true the Enterprise and the federation (im talking after Dominion war Tech) are more refined than the empire, but where the Empire lacks in finesse and it makes up for in numbers and sheer weight of firepower.

An ISD SSD executor 15 miles long has THOUSANDS of lazer batteries.

Even the Enterprise E or the Klingon Negh'Var would have trouble defending against that. Not to mention the fact that the Empire is made up of thousands of worlds, and have a fleet of hundreds of ships. Theyd easily out number the Feds Klings Roms'

I do agree however that the Empire would have a fight on their hands if they met the Borg........
Old Aug 5, 2001, 03:43 PM   #4
Bayleaf48
Hero Of Time
1,316 flights since Jun 2001
Smile Re: I got to ask this: The Star treck Federation against the Star Wars Empire

The Empire would completely & utterly destroy the Federation - ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!
Bayleaf48 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2001, 09:56 PM   #5
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Lasers do not affect ST shielding. It is mentioned in one of TNG episodes. Even Voyager(which isnt a war ship) can take on the whole empire. The death star is one large tubo laser, so it wouldnt damage Voyager's shields. And subspace sounds SOOOO much coller than hyperspace!
Old Aug 9, 2001, 01:16 AM   #6
rustiswordz
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since Jul 2001

Well despite the fact that Voyager is immune to lazers somehow i doubt it can withstand a blast from the Death Stars main weapon wich if you remember can destroy ENTIRE planets.

That would include any fancy ship on or above the surface of the planet too, the blast wave alone would destroy any near ships.

See STNGN Generatons movie
Old Aug 9, 2001, 02:42 PM   #7
Talon
Pilot
18 flights since Aug 2001

I think that the Empire would definately take the Fed's out, but the Borg would just walk all over the Empire... and imagine having THEM in the collective!YIKES
Talon is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2001, 02:16 AM   #8
Hell Spawn
Wing Commander
277 flights since Mar 2001

Hmmm good question, i think its a little hard to answr considoring that there's no real comparisons or ratios to size. I think the very large federation ships would school all the really big empire big ship things, (forget there names) in the way of maneuverabilty. Not too mention the fed ships would be a hella faster then any stinking "light speed" Not to mention they have transporters in Star Trek but not Star Wars. I gotta go with the federation, They could just launch a massive inside attack and mack up on all the loosers in white suits.
Hell Spawn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2001, 07:01 AM   #9
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Unhappy empire Vs federation

oh please, we all know that starfleet would win, just because of the sheer ingenuity of the federation.
all the federation need to do is fire a quantum at the shield generator the tranport a photon set to explode on board as voyager did against the borg when they aquired a transwarp coil and kaboom - the ssd is finished
Old Aug 12, 2001, 04:48 PM   #10
Bayleaf48
Hero Of Time
1,316 flights since Jun 2001
Smile Re: I got to ask this: The Star treck Federation against the Star Wars Empire

No way, the Empire would most definitely win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bayleaf48 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2001, 12:36 PM   #11
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

The real issue is shielding vs. blasters. The deflector shields used by the Empire are not as effective nor or they as advanced as the energy shields employed by the Federation. The shields used by Federation ships make single man fighters useless. Neither a single ship nor group of single ships have the firepower to put so much as a dent in the modulating energy shielding of a Federation vessel. The most effective space combat unit of The Empire is the Tie Fighter. Tie fighters have the ability to swarm and destroy an enemy ship in minutes, provided it can penetrate the ships shielding. On the other hand, the blasters on an Imperial Star Destroyer are the only weapons the Empire employs that could penetrate the shields on a Federation vessel. But, by the time a Star Destroyer had blasted away the shielding of a Federation star ship, the Federation vessel will have rendered the Star Destroyer dead in space with its advanced photon torpedo and phaser capabilities.

Another effective Federation weapon is the transporter. In order for an Imperial crew to board on enemy ship they must dock with it and cut their way through the hull at a specific point, allowing the crew inside to prepare a counter attack. A Federation star ship could beam aboard an attack crew in the early stages of the battle and defeat the vessel from the inside out. Better yet, they could beam the bridge crew off the Star Destroyer and into a brig cell, or into space!

Bottom line, the Federation Star Ship is a far more advanced vessel then the Imperial Star Destroyer. Albeit, a death star could easily destroy a Star Ship, but the widespread use of such a weapon in ship-to-ship combat is impractical and improbable. The scanner and tracking abilities of a Federation Ship are also far more advanced. Consider the method Han Solo used to escape the fleet in The Empire Strikes Back. Had a Federation ship been in pursuit, he would have never gotten away much less attached his ship to their hull in order to hide.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 02:54 PM   #12
Talon
Pilot

These are all great arguments. But I have to shoot a few holes in the "STAR FLEET WOULD WIN" side.(Please keep in mind that I am more of a star wars fan then star trek, so I might not get all the terms right or their abilities either.

Quote:
Not too mention the fed ships would be a hella faster then any stinking "light speed"

Well, Interdictors are great little weapons too. Of course, I am not sure they can stop "WARP" speeds, but the principle is the same, so I am pretty sure it could stop at least warps 1-3.

Quote:
Not to mention they have transporters in Star Trek but not Star Wars.

That is a great point, and can probably be used as a major advantage later on. The only problem with this is that a)They cannot 'Transport' through sheilds, so the whole boarding party argument is pretty much useless. b) Let us say that they could get on board. They would board with the idea of "Taking Prisoners/Saving Lives" while the Empire would shoot first, talk later. The Feds would probably loose the first 1/4 of its attack force once the empire learned they were on board. (The first time the feds tried this, they would succed dramatically because of the element of suprise, but after that, it would be a wash.{ALSO=please not that I never even try and argue the fact that StormTroopers wear armor and the feds don't, because we all know how useless the armor really is. } c) Shear numbers..A Star destroyer can house THOUSANDS of ARMED StormTroopers! Even if the Feds could match that number and beam them aboard, You would have to throw in a little "Home field Advantage" and the Feds really couldn't beam thousands of People on away teams to Star Destroyers because they just dont have the forces to do it.

Now, my last point: In the event of an actual battle, we can make a few assumptions:
  1. The Empire would be the instigators since we know that the feds would never start a fight. This means a sneak attack/raid by the Empire.
  2. The Empire LOVES a ground war. They have the tools and the talent to land a battalion, inlcuding ATT's, ATAT's, TIE Bombers, Etc. We also know what a WEAK ground force the feds have.
  3. Being the slime that they are, we can Assume that the first chance possible, the Romulans will try and join forces with the Empire. Now, giving the disdain that the empire has for aliens, this would prove to be useless, but the Empire will probably find a way to use their knowledge and technoloy(TRANSPORTERS) to their advantage before betraying the little Rommy's!

I think that is a good enough argument.Now, I will don my Flame resistant suit and await the wrath of the Trekkies!

Talon
(Please understand that this is done in humor and fun, and I am not looking to get into a flame war with anyone.)
Old Aug 13, 2001, 09:26 PM   #13
zombie84
Wing Commander
376 flights since Mar 2001

its insane to think that the Federation could defeat the Empire. there is simply no contest at all.
zombie84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2001, 10:20 PM   #14
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

And yet the Rebel Alliance, poorly equipped, loosely organized, seriously outnumbered and outgunned managed to do just that. The power of the Empire is based in fear my friend. Overcome that fear and the myriad weaknesses of The Empire become clear. The Empire was formed around a single keystone - The Emperor himself. When the Emperor fell, the Empire crumbled. The Federation, on the other hand, is the product of many, allied races united under a common cause and, as a result, has no single point of weakness.

Still, one must consider the fact that The Federation is an instrument of peace whose weapons were developed for defense. The Empire, on the other hand, is an instrument of aggression, attack first, conquer, rule with an iron fist. Which ideaology is most powerful?
Old Aug 13, 2001, 10:27 PM   #15
Talon
Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by zombie84
its insane to think that the Federation could defeat the Empire. there is simply no contest at all.

I disagree completely that there would be "No contest"..Infact, I think quite the opposite..I think it would be a great battle.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum