Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:12 AM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Vampires: Do They Have an Eating Disorder?

Ok, I was reading this really good book Vamped, and one of the human girls in the book wanted to have a perfect body before she was turned, but she didnt want to give up food before she had to, so she would eat, and vomit it up - bulimia.

this thought dawned on me: VAMPIRES also have an eating disorder - all they wanna do IS eat! What kind of life is that? Eating all the time - for humans we'd call that gluttony, and they'd be quite large people. So why isnt it the same for vamps - or is it?
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:10 AM   #2
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006
Re: Vampires: Do They Have an Eating Disorder?

It could be their metabolism prevents fat from being formed and they are extremely anemic.
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Their bodies are frozen forever when they get turned. So i guess if some huge lard ass was made into a vampire...he'd way 500 pounds till the end of time. It'd be easy to escape from vampires that size. Its not like they'd be fast.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:47 PM   #4
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Dave bought up an interesting option though, anemia with vampires I'm anemic and never been overweight, despite my disgusting eating habits. In fact, I've never really been the proper weight for my height.
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

Anemia is not a disease for fat people only, anemia can also stem from malnutrition (meaning poor intake of proper nutrients). you could also have anemia though some sorts of blood dyscrasia, where your cells don't fully mature so they cant carry enough hemoglobin and thus cant carry enough oxygen. Just sat through 6 hours of lectures about blood.

Vampires could be hungry because their blood is all dried out and has an increased viscosity which is painful. They need to feed on fresh blood because they need to gain a new supply their own bodies cant make anymore.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:23 PM   #6
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

Tack -

"Vampires could be hungry because their blood is all dried out and has an increased viscosity which is painful."

Thats why they are so cranky
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

Well, how about both? Cranky and hungry feel near the same to me.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:35 AM   #8
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

I've been awake forever and this thread is probably the stupidest thing I seen all night. Stupider than most of my posts. Maybe even stupider than this post. Not really.

Firstly, vampires don't exist.

Next, I took an AP Psych course and all eating disorders are psychologically based.

anorexia-no control over their lives, so they attempt to control food.
bulimia-uncontrollable overeating to fill massive emotional apetite.
pica-well, that's something else entirely.

Thus if vampires were bulimic, they would be eating way more than they should (needed), binging, because of some emotional fullfilment lacking.

Did anyone else read anne rice? oh, who am I kidding, everyone's read anne rice. Didn't the whiney vampire like absolutely refuse to drink blood? Now that was an eating disorder.

Because it's a physiological need they have to feed every night, right? Or something. What was I talking about? They need to eat every night much the same way most of us need to eat everyday, I guess. They're not being excessive, is what I'm saying.

Oh yeah, Vampires are totally dead. and it's the life force of blood that keeps them animated I guess. so they're not actually taking in nutrients, they're taking in energy.

actually, they're taking in those fuzzy haired troll dolls.

What?

Oh yeah, vampires aren't reall. Yeah, anyway.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:18 AM   #9
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

This is very funny

They sit among us ....

Kinda related

Gothic surfer

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy